MOON 2.0--Robots--Cool Science--and more helpful developments....

censoredally

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Aren't they just wasting their time and trying to make a buck?

The Moon is a reasonable stepping off point for places further afield.

I would be more interested in a mining operation of the Kuiper Belt than this endeavor.

We already have the technology to reach out much further. Why not do it?

As a first step it's reasonable.

pimp.gif

Did you guys not watch the video under the Moon 2.0 menu? It is so worth doing.

Take note of the segment on solar satellites, 123, one of which can power an entire large city with clean, limitless energy.

Razspaz, you might appreciate the segment on utilizing the moon as a stepping-off point for missions further afield and for mining silicon to build solar cells(and the frozen water in the poles which can be broken into hydrogen and oxygen in order to make rocket fuel for those missions!)

Note the timeline they are working on--within the next 10 years!!!!!

Come on, surely you guys are not saying you do not think this is amazingly cool and exciting, are you?

I was about to talk about the Singularity University, but am hesitating now....

Maybe people won't be interested in this stuff until the band is rocking out a concert on the lunar surface and beaming it back via YouTube. :(

(which, actually, would be kind of cool! laugh.gif )

Now that I have a U2 lunar concert in mind, I must insist that all rumors of the band retiring after this tour be immediately laid to rest! They have to hangout for another 10-15 years so that they can do this!

And, if anything happens to them healthwise to cause difficulty with this plan, we will just have to get those nanorobots into their bloodstreams to fixthings. So...stop smoking guys (if you do) and take care! We only have a few more years to go before this will be possible!

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*chants* "U2 ON THE MOON! U2 ON THE MOON!"

(they did say no line on the horizon, after all.....)

• Subscriber

I must admit that upon review it does look like an interesting venture and apologize for blowing it off so quickly last night (a little too drunky to betippy-typing me thinks). I've reading a bit about space travel technologies and the sorts of limits of the human body. So it is a field I am interested infrom a laymans POV.

It's going to take some time to wade through all the details though...so give me a week and I'll come back to this thread with a more informed opinion!

pimp.gif

• Subscriber

Inerestingly this Moon 2.0 group are in all likelihood going tohave to slug it out on the Moon with a colony of intelligent Japanese Robots.

Moon Robots

read on dear space cadets.

I've worked with some of N.E.C.s Robotics Engineers....and they are very intelligent, and very devoted to their creations..

It's puts an interesting spin on the whole situation.

pimp.gif

• Subscriber

Im not blowing it off either it's just that man has succeeded in destroying earth and now their eye is on the moon...

Yes it would be great to be on the moon but earth needs attention first and then when earth is back to perfect condition who knows what the future holds , Ipersonally could imagine more than just the moon in future but thats just my imagination of future and starswink.gif

Do see your reason of exitement , I hope the guys quit smoking as well .....