An unplugged show

pinman78

• Subscriber

You're not the only one. I would love to see an unplugged show . . . just vocals and accoustic guitar, Edge and Bono doing harmony, then throw in a littledrumming, but what to do with Adam? Do you remember last year when Edge was walking around Miami Beach strumming In A Little While near the lifeguard station?Loved it! Not sure what a storytellers show is though?

let's go to extremes, stadium this round, small theatres for next album, since it seems may be more reflective. saw the guys from Spinal Tap last nightunplugged, funny show, had to go and watch dvd after came home. 25th anniversary of release already...

• Subscriber

pinman78 wrote:

Am I the only one who would love them to do an unplugged show or a "storytellers show? I think it would be awsome!

Excellent idea! Something fans have been asking for years. Edge and Bono have done some acoustic songs here and there, but not the whole band. Funny,wouldn't it be funny if they (U2)didn't think they could pull something like that off?? The Masters of Rock & Roll!

• Subscriber

Janette B wrote:

You're not the only one. I would love to see an unplugged show . . . just vocals and accoustic guitar, Edge and Bono doing harmony, then throw in a little drumming, but what to do with Adam? Do you remember last year when Edge was walking around Miami Beach strumming In A Little While near the lifeguard station? Loved it! Not sure what a storytellers show is though?

Adam could play acoustic bass... but generally an acoustic show doesn't include a full on drum kit. Larry could play bongos or something to keep time. :P

Storytellers is a show aired by VH1 that includes an artist playing their songs in an acoustic set and them telling the story of how the songs came about, whatthey mean, etc.

I think it would be interesting to see U2 do a set like this.

• Subscriber

Janette B wrote:

You're not the only one. I would love to see an unplugged show . . . just vocals and accoustic guitar, Edge and Bono doing harmony, then throw in a little drumming, but what to do with Adam? Do you remember last year when Edge was walking around Miami Beach strumming In A Little While near the lifeguard station? Loved it! Not sure what a storytellers show is though?

Adam could play acoustic bass... but generally an acoustic show doesn't include a full on drum kit. Larry could play bongos or something to keep time. :P

Storytellers is a show aired by VH1 that includes an artist playing their songs in an acoustic set and them telling the story of how the songs came about, whatthey mean, etc.

I think it would be interesting to see U2 do a set like this.

pinman78 wrote:

Am I the only one who would love them to do an unplugged show or a "storytellers show? I think it would be awsome!

Interesting and good idea but I remember the band saying that they do an unplugged show during every show (the B-stage performance)....I am sureall those shows (VH-1/MTV) have approached them, therefore I am sure the band has no interest at all. I mean, they can truly do whatever they want....

I liked One when its was played with half REM/Half U2. Some of the songs are good unplugged, yet personally I like the full on sonic sounds of U2; its whatreally makes them special in the musical sense....

Erin Go Bragh less wrote:

I definitely could see this band doing an unplugged show of sorts. They're always trying new things and I think in time they may decide to give it a try imo......

Maybe....I wonder how the "unplugged stuff" is going to work in 360 too?

They are really keeping everything on the "QT" and very hush-hush....has me excited yet at the same time worried....

What in God's name are we going to get in 360?