What you dislike about U2?

My problem is Bono literally made me sick was when he yelled at that one fan during a concert (the phone incident) because I know what it's like toget "singled-out" and humiliated for doing something many others were doing.
I know U2's lead singer is only human and I won't make friends by saying this, but he had a choice to take the "higher road" and ignore thefan on her phone.
As a result of Bono showing his ugly side, I hope The Edge, Adam or Larry were man enough to verbally confront him afterwards because this is how a bandloses fans which could effect ticket and album sales down the road.
Don't get me wrong, I'm still a fan of U2's music. but I can't help, but feel bad for those who are treated unfairly because I've beenthere and I needed to vent.
frown.gif

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess the biggest thing that's irking me about the band at the moment is nearly every song they write has some strong Christian undertone. I know many oftheir songs from the past have this, but the band hasn't done it so constantly and blatantly like they have on NLOTH. I'd like a bit more diversity inthe subject matter because it's just getting boring. I'd go and buy a Hillsong cd if I wanted to listen to an album full of Christian songs.

I would like to see U2 experiment a lot more with their music again. I know some people claim NLOTH is an experimental album, but apart from a few songs, itreally isn't. I suspect the next album will be a bit more sonically challenging - at least I hope so.

I guess I just want U2 to stop pandering to the mainstream and start sticking their necks out again like they did with Zooropa and Pop. Even if they justrelease an experimental album and don't tour it I'd be happy.

illumination70 wrote:

Panth wrote:

Dude the whole Phone thing was clarified, the guy was being a nuisance to the people around him.

How was he being a nuisance?

He was being disruptive, pushing people around and what not. Its funny how people think Bono is such a jerk he'll just randomly yell at some guy on thephone at a concert.

Panth wrote:

illumination70 wrote:

Panth wrote:

Dude the whole Phone thing was clarified, the guy was being a nuisance to the people around him.

He was being disruptive, pushing people around and what not. Its funny how people think Bono is such a jerk he'll just randomly yell at some guy on the phone at a concert.

Oh, I see. I'm really sorry for the misunderstanding Bono, The Edge, Larry, Adam, other U2 fans and I hope you can forgive me for my mistake. frown.gif

illumination70 wrote:

Panth wrote:

illumination70 wrote:

Panth wrote:

He was being disruptive, pushing people around and what not. Its funny how people think Bono is such a jerk he'll just randomly yell at some guy on the phone at a concert.

Oh, I see. I'm really sorry for the misunderstanding Bono, The Edge, Larry, Adam, other U2 fans and I hope you can forgive me for my mistake.
frown.gif

it was clarified on the net back when it was all happening, from people who were actually at the show and up front.

the guy was yapping on the phone really loud and pushing people out of the way to get pics on his phone, and i think even yelling at some people. just selfishcrap you'd see from a rude fan at a concert sometimes. bono just lost it because it was happening in front of his face and saw it was annoying people.

it didnt even seem like that big of a deal of what bono did anyway. i saw the video clips of it several times, and well, 'oh well'.

bono's never had a problem about people with cellphones before that, now has he? no. lol. fans have them up and out all over the place at the concerts andright in front of him.