What you dislike about U2?

Not being argumentitive for once in my zoo life i am just backing Macfoley up on all this as he has made very valid points here and you just seemed to diss them because they don't agree with your points is all.

as you say all the u2 songs are open to interpretation and that is how they should be but no-one should come on and say "i dislike u2 because they sing about god/faith/christianity or whatever" and then backtrack on it later i mean if yer gonna say this at least stick to yer guns on it.

i mean i have no faith of any sort doesn't stop me listening to this lot and it doesn't bother me about the whole faith thing couldn't care less as long as the musics good i couldn't care what they are.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Hmm don't get me wrong they will always be my no.1 band

What I dislike

1. Too comfortable when it comes to live performances..just go through motions say the same b/s night after night.

2. Too predictable with setlists for FARK sake ever seen a Pearl Jam setlist??? I mean WTF with the same encore on the current tour, hello!!!!

3. They're the biggest band in the world yet have a sub standarded website, that has been pooping itself for far too long.

4. Become more business orientated than ever before...it's a machine, designed on making $$$

5. Some fans THINK they are god's gift to U2 & on this board and they think are on a different level to most.

6. Some fans WON'T hear a bad word spoken about the band.

But what I do like:

They're amazing when it comes to meeting the fans

They have produced some of the most amazing songs

They are human & not stuck up themselves like Kanye West

They don't mind bootlegs being made, provided not for profit.

They've stuck together for 30yrs, MAGNIFICENT!

As far as I am concerned, after watching that mind bogling concert in Giant Stadium, U2 has exceded my expectations. U2 is The Greatest Band in the world. Bono, you are the Sun King, after last night, you Prince, made me realize that Sun King  title applies to you; after I saw that the Prince was with us 100% last night in that concert. I see a lot of work on U2's part to satisfy the fans with their show. How grateful am I to have seen you last night. How spectacular your show was. My daughter Delilah and my son Jose told me how this was the happiest day of their lives. That Delilah's birthday was on the 23rd, and she told me that it was the happiest day of her life. She spoke of how splendid Bono's voice is, how great the stage was, how wonderful it is to see them in person, real life. She of course loves Bono as does her mother. The Princess in the house sees that Bono is her mothers Prince for a reason, he magnfies everything and she sees it. As for me Realm, I love U2, Larry and the walking drums, reminded me of my spanish roots walking around the stage. Larry looked so concentrated., God bless you Larry. Edge, it was nice to hear you sing too and you looked so cool . Adam, spectacular thats you and the Prince, Magnificent. Oh, my heart almst stopped when he grabbed his gutar, Bono my beloved Prince hoklding his guitar, that is too much for me, I just love to see him within, Oh, how I wish I could meet Bono in person. I wish only good things for U2. Bono, Realm of the Prince is where I reside. Realmawake loves the Prince. One Life, One Love, One Prince, One U2. I am happy that Bono continues to enlightene us as to Burma, freedom, women living in a state of non spiritual freedom and physical too. Bono, you are our man, our man of the century, I recognize you Prince from a million miles away, Realmawake recognizes her Prnce. Thank you U2. Thank you Prince Bono, I watched every step you made on that stage.

You sure know how to give a glass of vinegar early in the morning. How on earth can you say so many negative things about U2. Thats evil. Look, this is the truth. That Bono makes me delirious. That the band as a whole is irreplaceable. One of a kind. That Bono is a magnificent artist and he is everything, one whole MAN. U2 is  the greatest band in the planet. Bono is the world's greatest artist and also the SUN KING. And, I never speak negative things even when everything has gone down the hill like we say, Bono always brings a smile to my face, thats not including what my soul feels. The truth is that Realm loves U2, adores Bono, and they have god's grace, if God is for them, who can be against them. I tell you, I appreciate and love U2. I look deeper at U2, I see deeper into U2. And I am forever, Bono's Realm.

http://community.u2.com/domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/embarassed.gif">[/img]

I'm shoking with your lack of respect Basher ! LOL

Well im shocked that you are shocked here i mean all of u2's songs have a sexual undertone to them........well they have if you have a dirty mind like me,.........lol

I was just kidding! laugh.gif  A think some of their songs really have a sexual undertone too, and I don't have a dirty mind.

There's nothing wrong with that, for me.

Right now, I'm disliking today's news. Tickets for Vienna (30 August 2010) on sale A YEAR BEFORE?!?!? It would have been ok knowing the dates, but selling them... When South America and other places are still waiting for the early 2010 dates! Simply crazy, could someone explain this to me? >.

Right now, I'm disliking today's news. Tickets for Vienna (30 August 2010) on sale A YEAR BEFORE?!?!? It would have been ok knowing the dates, but selling them... When South America and other places are still waiting for the early 2010 dates! Simply crazy, could someone explain this to me? >.

It's to do with logistics, as well as the venue's end of things....the local government. Some venues won't even let them play on their grounds, coz it will ruin the turf, which will cost them $$$....they could be in season for their national sporting events too. Also travel documents...some countries require clearance before they can enter. The climate also plays an important role. When it comes to selling tix for a stadium size event, they need to gauge the amount of tix sold....remember during the Popmart tour, they cancelled the show in Raliegh, NC....coz there weren't enough tickets sold. Imagine playing in a stadium that's more or less half full? It wouldn't even be a good experience for the crowd too. The size of the production would be overkill.

So here's one...their setlist. Although their production has to do a lot with it, considering SEMPTE syncing w/lights, MIDI and video, they need to give other songs a chance.....and when they do, it's songs that aren't concert type material...Your Blue Room....heard that people use this time to get beer or go to the restrooms. Their song order too...sometimes looses the momentum...they need to keep the crowd going! They need to take out MLK, Stay, Stuck In A Moment and Your Blue Room for God II, Acrobat, Seconds, Bad or HMTMKMKM...just to name a few. It's a good thing they took out In A Little While. But anyways, I look forward to seeing them in a couple of weeks...even better, when they release 'Songs Of Ascent', they'll be doing a 2nd leg of N. America in the spring of 2010. Despite all this, I still consider them as the 'Greatest Rock Band' since The Beatles and Led Zeppelin....I have a feeling the Muse is going to be up there for more years to come.

There are rumors that they'll release the Rick Rubin recordings as an album after 'Songs Of Ascent'....Bono or The Edge says that they've already got 6 songs for that album....and it's supposed to be their 'rock, guitar-driven' album.

One other factor for the previous post is that U2 has gone wireless on their lighting rig, as well as their amps(a 1st in this tech world...we have the same amps they're using)...meaning frequency security nightmare for national security....every venue has a list of frequencies that guests can use....and if you violate those, then it can compromise their local and national security....the crew can be arrested for this, and the band paying a huge fine, and even being banned for future tours. Some countries are stricter than others....and some have limitations, depending on their location.

Hmm don't get me wrong they will always be my no.1 band

What I dislike

1. Too comfortable when it comes to live performances..just go through motions say the same b/s night after night.

2. Too predictable with setlists for FARK sake ever seen a Pearl Jam setlist??? I mean WTF with the same encore on the current tour, hello!!!!

3. They're the biggest band in the world yet have a sub standarded website, that has been pooping itself for far too long.

4. Become more business orientated than ever before...it's a machine, designed on making $$$

5. Some fans THINK they are god's gift to U2 & on this board and they think are on a different level to most.

6. Some fans WON'T hear a bad word spoken about the band.

But what I do like:

They're amazing when it comes to meeting the fans

They have produced some of the most amazing songs

They are human & not stuck up themselves like Kanye West

They don't mind bootlegs being made, provided not for profit.

They've stuck together for 30yrs, MAGNIFICENT!

GO GERRY GO GERRY GO GERRY.......lol

"Some fans THINK they are god's gift to U2 & on this board and they think are on a different level to most".

Gerry mate i don't THINK ...........I KNOW.....lol