What you dislike about U2?

• Subscriber

"May I ask where the mentalilty came from that if you're a fan of U2 it's the law that you have to love everything they do? Was there some kind offine print that I missed that said fans weren't allowed to dislike something?"

I love that,it sums up alot of what goes on this site.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mayra11 wrote:

May I ask you something? why are you paying $32 or maybe $50 for this membership if you don't like some things about U2?

You cannot be serious with this question can you??????

Me i pay the money so i can interact with other users who have an interest in a band i like.....

There are a multitude of things i don't like about u2 and some of them have been stated here by me.......what is ridiculous is people who are too scared tosay anything bad about the band because they may get roasted by someone on here well i can say this now if someone says something negative about the band andas long as it is feesible i will back them up.

The really bad thing about this website are the people who think that the band are the be all and end all of everything and think the band are perfect well igot news for ya......THEY AIN'T PERFECT.

What is this "U" and "2" you speak of? Oh wait...dim memory stirs...many many years ago, I recall that a rock band of the name"U2" name came and played out here. They were a great live band, and out here they had a large contingent of very enthusiastic fans. But it'sbeen a long time since they've played a show 'round these parts, and we won't be seeing anything from them this year by all accounts, and by nextyear, we'll all have forgotten what they look like. Could one of you be so kind as to upload some current photos of these musicians to this thread, sothose of us in Northern California can ID them if they ever come around again? I look forward to their show at Konocti Habor resort! Thanks very much!

--eaplatt

• Subscriber

basher1 wrote:

mayra11 wrote:

May I ask you something? why are you paying $32 or maybe $50 for this membership if you don't like some things about U2?

You cannot be serious with this question can you??????

Me i pay the money so i can interact with other users who have an interest in a band i like.....

There are a multitude of things i don't like about u2 and some of them have been stated here by me.......what is ridiculous is people who are too scared to say anything bad about the band because they may get roasted by someone on here well i can say this now if someone says something negative about the band and as long as it is feesible i will back them up.

The really bad thing about this website are the people who think that the band are the be all and end all of everything and think the band are perfect well i got news for ya......THEY AIN'T PERFECT.

Nope...they're not perfect, thank goodness! If they were, they'd be boring -- but then there'd be a whole lotta people who didn't like thatthey appeared to be so "perfect." Would that count (as something not to like?)

you are obviously a fan of u2, i do think u may go overboard on the critiquing of the band and there music to bait other members with thin skin. anyway i wasborn in 1962 u2 is my favorite band at the moment, but lets take a look at the music industry my 2nd favorite rock band is ah ah ---? i grew up with zep/early areosmith/ early rush/bad company/lynyrd skynyrd/queen and many more. i would like to know what type of lists the other members of u2.com may have fortoday's bands lets say 1-5 may be i'll find a band that compares to my childhood top 5. thanks

Mate people can be as critical of u2 as they like on here as long as it's justified or in jest thats what being a part of all this is all about and iadmire the folk who have the balls to come on here and are critical of the band.

as for the top 5 theres a thread about here on that topic already.

1 - Passengers

2 - The guys at the brazilian carnival in 2006 and Bono singing the horrible song "Chupa Toda" or in english "Suck All".

3 - When the activism of Bono impairs the band. For example in How to Dismantel An Atomic Bomb.

4 - What they did with the version edit of Magnificent. Ruined the song.

5 - Paul "Uncle Scrooge" McGuine$$.

6 - The bad strategies for release and promote the latest 2 álbuns.

7 - The disruption in sales of tickets.

8 - The fact of them think that Beatles and (BLARGHHHHHHHHHHHH) Rolling Stones are better than them. At this point I admire the Gallaghers. They have no falsemodesty.