What you dislike about U2?

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Probably I didn't do the right question.

What I mean is that obviously U2 aren't perfect, nobody is. But you are complaining about the price of the concerts, or some things about this site.

First, I think when we pay for a concert ticket, we aren't paying only for a band playing, we're paying to the technicians, the cost of the stage,transportation, etc., so at least for me the price of the tickets are right.

And the second complain about this site. Well, everybody would change some things because we didn't do it. But I think that all the staff of this site workvery, very hard and I'm very grateful with them.

Finally not all of us have to be agree in everything.

mayra11 wrote:

What I mean is that obviously U2 aren't perfect, nobody is. But you are complaining about the price of the concerts, or some things about this site.

First, I think when we pay for a concert ticket, we aren't paying only for a band playing, we're paying to the technicians, the cost of the stage, transportation, etc., so at least for me the price of the tickets are right.

Amen!!!!

mayra11 wrote:

First, I think when we pay for a concert ticket, we aren't paying only for a band playing, we're paying to the technicians, the cost of the stage, transportation, etc., so at least for me the price of the tickets are right.

And the second complain about this site. Well, everybody would change some things because we didn't do it. But I think that all the staff of this site work very, very hard and I'm very grateful with them.

I can only speak for myself when i say my problem with the site is having to constantly sign in or going to places i have not clicked on etcetc.....

• Subscriber

mayra11
wrote:

And the second complain about this site. Well, everybody would change some things because we didn't do it. But I think that all the staff of this site work very, very hard and I'm very grateful with them.

And that's really okay. I wasn't saying anything about U2 making mistakes or expecting them to be perfect. I was simply saying that you can be anabsolute fan and not love everything about U2. It's quite okay to dislike something, whether that something be, the way the site is, ticket prices, songsor what have you.

I do agree with you about the ticket prices, I didn't have a problem with them at all and thought they were very fair. The presale went very smoothly. Which is awesome considering the fiasco that happened during the Vertigo Tour. That wasn't the bands fault though.

What I was more referring to is, for example, someone saying they don't like the new album. I, for one, am not thrilled over the new album. Does thatmatter to anyone else but me? Nope, why should it? It's my opinion. Do I blame the band? Nope, because I accept accountibility and responsibility formy own opinions and feelings. Regardless, if I don't like the album, new video or anything else, I should be able to say so without:

a) someone jumping all over me like a rabid dog

B) accusing me of not being a fan or asking why I'm a member of this fansite/club

c) making ridiculous statements like; "Well, don't buy their albums anymore" or "Don't buy tickets to their shows". Or some othersuch crap.

I mean... really? Any of that behavior is justified for having a different opinion then the norm because...? I don't like NLOTH. It doesn't appeal tome. I've listened and relistened and listened some more and it just doesn't grab me. I've enjoyed reading about others' reviews here and howthey are absolutely loving the new album and I think that's awesome. I wish it appealed to me as much, but it just doesn't. I'm hoping thathearing the songs live make them come alive for me. Even if they don't, U2 is still one of my favorite bands of all time and I'm excited about seeingthem live either way, because live is where they excel.

• Subscriber

mayra11
wrote:

And that's really okay. I wasn't saying anything about U2 making mistakes or expecting them to be perfect. I was simply saying that you can be anabsolute fan and not love everything about U2. It's quite okay to dislike something, whether that something be, the way the site is, ticket prices, songsor what have you.

I do agree with you about the ticket prices, I didn't have a problem with them at all and thought they were very fair. The presale went very smoothly. Which is awesome considering the fiasco that happened during the Vertigo Tour. That wasn't the bands fault though.

What I was more referring to is, for example, someone saying they don't like the new album. I, for one, am not thrilled over the new album. Does thatmatter to anyone else but me? Nope, why should it? It's my opinion. Do I blame the band? Nope, because I accept accountibility and responsibility formy own opinions and feelings. Regardless, if I don't like the album, new video or anything else, I should be able to say so without:

B) accusing me of not being a fan or asking why I'm a member of this fansite/club

c) making ridiculous statements like; "Well, don't buy their albums anymore" or "Don't buy tickets to their shows". Or some othersuch crap.

I mean... really? Any of that behavior is justified for having a different opinion then the norm because...? I don't like NLOTH. It doesn't appeal tome. I've listened and relistened and listened some more and it just doesn't grab me. I've enjoyed reading about others' reviews here and howthey are absolutely loving the new album and I think that's awesome. I wish it appealed to me as much, but it just doesn't. I'm hoping thathearing the songs live make them come alive for me. Even if they don't, U2 is still one of my favorite bands of all time and I'm excited about seeingthem live either way, because live is where they excel.

ceallach67 wrote:

mayra11
wrote:

And that's really okay. I wasn't saying anything about U2 making mistakes or expecting them to be perfect. I was simply saying that you can be an absolute fan and not love everything about U2. It's quite okay to dislike something, whether that something be, the way the site is, ticket prices, songs or what have you.

What I was more referring to is, for example, someone saying they don't like the new album. I, for one, am not thrilled over the new album. Does that matter to anyone else but me? Nope, why should it? It's my opinion. Do I blame the band? Nope, because I accept accountibility and responsibility for my own opinions and feelings. Regardless, if I don't like the album, new video or anything else, I should be able to say so without:

B)
accusing me of not being a fan or asking why I'm a member of this fansite/club

c) making ridiculous statements like; "Well, don't buy their albums anymore" or "Don't buy tickets to their shows". Or some other such crap.

I mean... really? Any of that behavior is justified for having a different opinion then the norm... because? I don't like NLOTH. It doesn't appeal to me. I've listened and relistened and listened some more and it just doesn't grab me. I've enjoyed reading about others' reviews here and how they are absolutely loving the new album and I think that's awesome. I wish it appealed to me as much, but it just doesn't. I'm hoping that hearing the songs live make them come alive for me. Even if they don't, U2 is still one of my favorite bands of all time and I'm excited about seeing them live either way, because live is where they excel.
OMG.......right young lady hand your membership in on the way out.......lol

good post Kell and agree 100%......x (apart from the album i think it's great..lol)

• Subscriber
You mean that metal thing we got a few years back? Hope not, cause I don't have a clue where that thing is. Seriously. I think I lost it.

I'm such a bad fan. roll.gif
And see... you love NLOTH and I don't and yet still, we get along. How 'bout that? Amazing, ain't it?