What you dislike about U2?

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont like/hate/am not happy with (BUT I WONT LOSE ANY SLEEP OVER IT)

the way 2000 to 2006 those years were wasted on releasing pop pap and doing 2 similar tours, the set up of the walk around stage. first time elevation tour waswicked. 2nd time on vertigo tour (indoors) just not good enough. after all they had built up since 1980. where did the u2 with balls and imagination go for 6years? were they abducted and taken over by the most boring and normal band in the world? man they did actually turn into coldplay for 6 years didntthey!?!?!?!

thankgod for HORIZON!

I was talking with an acquaintence who happens to be a recording artist about U2. Long story short, I told him I honestly don't know why they are famousbut I told him that even if they weren't, they'd still be my favorite band. I don't think they are perfect, they have some songs that I skip, butthat's what I like about them. They're not perfect, but they are still the best!

• Subscriber

basher1 wrote:

ceallach67 wrote:

basher1 wrote:

ceallach67 wrote:

You mean that metal thing we got a few years back? Hope not, cause I don't have a clue where that thing is. Seriously. I think I lost it.

I'm such a bad fan.
And see... you love NLOTH and I don't and yet still, we get along. How 'bout that? Amazing, ain't it?

yeah thats because we've known each other for that long our differences are not a problem to us and i think we trust each other enough to be truthful without flaming each other.......does that make sense>????????.....lol

No flames... but a little poking fun is totally allowed.

*poke*

*pokes back*

*gets forks*

• Subscriber

djida wrote:

i hate nothing about except that they're not making enough lives to their fans for my simple exemple i never had a chance to see them on live fortunatly there's the stories the dvd's and all that stuff and all olf this because i'm living in a country that u2 never been to algeria and tickets prices are too expensive for me

the only problems i faces that i can hate but it's ok they gave my musical spirit a nw face nad it's all so good

I am sure that one day you will see them. If you really, really want something, it happens. I know that U2 (at least at this point in theircareers) will never come to Latvia. So I saved, I waited... and I'm seeing their twice this summer :)

• Subscriber
Kristaps wrote:
basher1 wrote:
ceallach67 wrote:
basher1 wrote:
ceallach67 wrote:
You mean that metal thing we got a few years back? Hope not, cause I don't have a clue where that thing is. Seriously. I think I lost it.

I'm such a bad fan. spork-sul-M.jpg

A spork. Way cooler than a fork. glasses.gif

• Subscriber
Kristaps wrote:
basher1 wrote:
ceallach67 wrote:
basher1 wrote:
ceallach67 wrote:

I'm such a bad fan. spork-sul-M.jpg

A spork. Way cooler than a fork. glasses.gif

• Subscriber

It's a fair question in most settings, but I will tell you why I don't personally accept the premise ! U2 brings to the table such immeasurablepleasure and meaning to my quality of life. They are not my life or anything close to it, but what they cause with their music and lyrics are moments ofreflection, like deep breaths. A little more relaxed. a little more reminded of what's important to me.

Idiosyncrasies aside, I just feel very lucky to be about the same age. Have, likely, fairly comparable world views and in aging at about the same rate (!) canrelate. Lucky to be around while they are. And when I think about their tours, like life in general, I can't help but think when you are available toreceive a gift, you best consider accepting it quite seriously as magic can end as quickly as it occurs.

In that sense, all things fleeting tend to be much more enhanced, focused and perhaps appreciated.

I don't want to be too over the top about this, but I guess I'll pick other spots or items in life to suggest the way he or she chews 'their'gum bugs me.

U2 just bring too much pleasure add value to care. Cheers...ALL the way to Dublin in July.

As a whole, there is nothing I dislike about the band U2. Here and there things pop up that I go what the hell is that all about but when I think about theentire band they did it right. They've controlled who/what/when/where why and how in their music, their activities, their personal lives, their beliefs,their money, the people they surround themselves with, all of it. They have been truly blessed and I think they know that. There's not any one thing Icould say I dislike about them because the overall picture of the band has been quite noble. *wahine hopes U2 never compromises those values* Individually, Icould say this or that, but as a band I don't have any bad things to say.