Why the disinterest all of a sudden?

blueyedboy

LinneaS wrote:

I must say that I'm really surprised that Magnificent hasn't even cracked the Top 40. I figured that if there was going to be a smash hit from this CD it would definitely be Magnificent. I love Boots, but I don't think its Top 10 material; it's a little too out there. (Top 20, maybe.) Maybe it's just been so long since the last album that radio has sort of lost interest in the band? Popular media, especially in the U.S., has the attention span of a gnat, and if a band doesn't put out a new CD every year or two, they sort of wash their hands of that group. If this is true, it's really sad, because they're missing out on some great music from this CD.

Thanks for this thread - it's one of the more interesting threads that I have seen on this side of the Zoo. I really love Linnea'scomments which is why I added them before mine.

I agree with most of the comments made so far and have a lot of ideas of my own about this subject but will only mention one of them right now.

We have to remember that U2 did not go into making this LP/CD to please the public - they went into making NLOTH to please themselves and to rediscover anotherreason WHY they should continue to make music with each other.

That difference in orientation probably ends up with an effect that this album may not reach the sort of popularity that the two previous U2 releases have.

But U2 have realized that making music that you enjoy; making music that inspires & delights you - is ultimately the BEST reason to make music....and I amglad that they are not caving into the need to be popular that is so rampant in modern music.

I have other comments to make....in a little while. ~

Thanks for this thread, blueeyedboy.

LOVE & PEACE, HOPE & JOY, MERCY & GRACE - debbie happy.gif

www.whiteband.org

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ultraviolet love14 wrote:

LinneaS wrote:

I must say that I'm really surprised that Magnificent hasn't even cracked the Top 40. I figured that if there was going to be a smash hit from this CD it would definitely be Magnificent. I love Boots, but I don't think its Top 10 material; it's a little too out there. (Top 20, maybe.) Maybe it's just been so long since the last album that radio has sort of lost interest in the band? Popular media, especially in the U.S., has the attention span of a gnat, and if a band doesn't put out a new CD every year or two, they sort of wash their hands of that group. If this is true, it's really sad, because they're missing out on some great music from this CD.

Thanks for this thread - it's one of the more interesting threads that I have seen on this side of the Zoo. I really love Linnea's comments which is why I added them before mine.

I agree with most of the comments made so far and have a lot of ideas of my own about this subject but will only mention one of them right now.

We have to remember that U2 did not go into making this LP/CD to please the public - they went into making NLOTH to please themselves and to rediscover another reason WHY they should continue to make music with each other.

That difference in orientation probably ends up with an effect that this album may not reach the sort of popularity that the two previous U2 releases have.

But U2 have realized that making music that you enjoy; making music that inspires & delights you - is ultimately the BEST reason to make music....and I am glad that they are not caving into the need to be popular that is so rampant in modern music.

LOVE & PEACE, HOPE & JOY, MERCY & GRACE - debbie happy.gif

• Subscriber
I agree with you , the radio stations I listen to hardly ever play the new u2 tunes just mainly the old stuff , so it really doesntgive much chance for nloth to ignite on people....

mariabella wrote:

LinneaS wrote:

Thanks for this thread - it's one of the more interesting threads that I have seen on this side of the Zoo. I really love Linnea's comments which is why I added them before mine.

We have to remember that U2 did not go into making this LP/CD to please the public - they went into making NLOTH to please themselves and to rediscover another reason WHY they should continue to make music with each other.

But U2 have realized that making music that you enjoy; making music that inspires & delights you - is ultimately the BEST reason to make music....and I am glad that they are not caving into the need to be popular that is so rampant in modern music.

LOVE & PEACE, HOPE & JOY, MERCY & GRACE - debbie smile.gif

www.dassk.com

mariabella wrote:

LinneaS wrote:

www.dassk.com

mariabella wrote:

LinneaS wrote:

www.dassk.com

mariabella wrote:

LinneaS wrote:

www.dassk.com

mariabella wrote:

LinneaS wrote:

www.dassk.com

mariabella wrote:

LinneaS wrote:

www.dassk.com