Why the disinterest all of a sudden?

blueyedboy

• Subscriber

over 30 years and for a band like u2, the album is still selling.......................................

look if the beatles were still releasing albums after 30 years of them starting, would they still be chart killers?

how many rolling stones albums are considered to be wow!?!?!?!

lets see how many albums coldplay, kol sell if they are around in 30 years time.

i think horizon is a great album, and dont really care about the singles they release. i like the album and i think its their most complete album since achtungbaby. it could even turn out to be better than joshua tree.

there was plenty of publicity for the album, but by the time the album came out offically, it had leaked.

but number one doesnt mean as much as it did.

let least they could go back to "safe" for the next one......................................................................(i hope not)

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

a few things i'm thinking...

1, if you remember the ATYCLB sales were really good cause people was expecting an album like that... after what happened with POP (in my opinion a GREATalbum) and the album had a very good first single Beautiful Day

2, HTDAAB (in my opinion a better album than ATYCLB) had a great first single Vertigo (commercially speaking) it was played everywhere and i do mean EVERYWHERElaugh.gif

3, sad but true if an album is not selling well in the US is very difficult that sales are going to be good in the rest of the world.... again sad but true, ifyou remember after Vertigo they had the chance to perform in the superbowl were they did the tribute for 9/11 people that was killed and guess what.... media,radio, tv they all went crazy, people in the US had a big connection with the album-lyrics

4, after those two albums U2 went into studio and did an AMAZING album but the thing is that it's not a commercial album... they didn't care much aboutsingles, cause the way it is written and made is totally different and of course what everybody knows already, economic situation, illegal downloads... etc.

5, i also think that Get On Your Boots was misinterpret by being presented as the follow-up of Vertigo... cause is a very strong and song to get at the firsttime unlike Vertigo

6, it is true that the album has a lot of Eno-Lanois sound but i do believe that the way it was written is gonna help them a lot to keep on doing not onlymusic... but GREAT music in the future

7, i do have to confess that i had to listen to it a few times before a really like it, but from the beginning i could realize that No Line, Magnificent,Moment of Surrender, Stand Up and FEZ-Being Born had a great potencial... and by now i can tell that Magnificent is one of the BEST songs i've ever heardand that this album is a REAL Masterpiece but for REAL fans only... i think, and i'm really looking forward to hear the next one, for me this album has aZooropa thing... and i just LOVE IT happy.gif

finally, i'm much more concerned about U2 saying that they had 50 to 60 songs to work with and that at this time we haven't heard any B-side... andi'm really sad and pissed off at the same time about the "BoxSet" they release, i mean that is the worse BoxSet i've got mad.gif... the album (with no special package), the DVD Linear (with the only and lonelyB-side) with no documental, not even a 10 min one!!! no nothing!!! and a disappointing poster, the only good thing it has is the book.... i don't know isjust that i haven't been able to accept it!

but how can you denied that Adam is at his best or that Bono is singing like the angels (again) or that Larry is really hitting it! or that Edge... Edge...Edge is just MAGNIFICENT

so there you go.... a REAL Masterpiece for REAL fans glasses.gif

I have probably listened to the radio a total of 30 times in my life, maybe 40--it just has never been a part of my world, nor television, which I have neverlived with until this year (and now only because I am in someone else's house).

So, I don't know what the music out there is like right now. But I LOVE this album, and the fact that it is not popular on the radio is probably for theEXACT same reason that the radio has never been of much interest to me. The further out of the mainstream something gets, typically,...the better it is.

It is harder for a lot of the general populace to get into because it requires you to dig deeper. Kind of like the jump from War to UFF/ Both great albums, butcompletely different and requiring differing methods to deconstruct.

I just listened to the song "No Line" again, which I do at least once a day (I love it!), and I am just wondering how others hear the chorus...do youthink "no line on the horizon" is an expression of unbounded optimism and possibility, or a lament that one is adrift at sea with no land in sight?What do you hear?

It's kind of the "Mysterious Ways" or "Grace" of this album. In Mysterious Ways, Bono sang, "One day you'll look back andyou'll see where you were held." In "Grace", he sings, "She carries the world on her hips." Here he sings, "She saysinfinity's a great place to start." This song is about Grace. "She" holds us, carries us, and keeps us for an etenity, where there will beNo Line On The Horizon.

prksoda00 wrote:

It is harder for a lot of the general populace to get into because it requires you to dig deeper. Kind of like the jump from War to UFF/ Both great albums, but completely different and requiring differing methods to deconstruct.

I love NLOTH - and I say this as someone who has followed U2 from the start. As you say, when people have to dig deeper with music, they often lose interestin it.

But for those who want music that presents new sounds & possibly a new direction, they'll find it in NLOTH.

All the Best, debbie smile.gif

www.keepachildalive.org

prksoda00 wrote:

It is harder for a lot of the general populace to get into because it requires you to dig deeper. Kind of like the jump from War to UFF/ Both great albums, but completely different and requiring differing methods to deconstruct.

I love NLOTH - and I say this as someone who has followed U2 from the start. As you say, when people have to dig deeper with music, they often lose interestin it.

But for those who want music that presents new sounds & possibly a new direction, they'll find it in NLOTH.

www.keepachildalive.org

prksoda00 wrote:

www.keepachildalive.org