Jump to content

Why the disinterest all of a sudden?


blueyedboy
 Share

Recommended Posts

prksoda00 wrote:

It is harder for a lot of the general populace to get into because it requires you to dig deeper. Kind of like the jump from War to UFF/ Both great albums, but completely different and requiring differing methods to deconstruct.

 

 

I love NLOTH - and I say this as someone who has followed U2 from the start. As you say, when people have to dig deeper with music, they often lose interestin it.

 

But for those who want music that presents new sounds & possibly a new direction, they'll find it in NLOTH.

 

 

 

All the Best, debbie smile.gif

www.keepachildalive.org

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

prksoda00 wrote:

It is harder for a lot of the general populace to get into because it requires you to dig deeper. Kind of like the jump from War to UFF/ Both great albums, but completely different and requiring differing methods to deconstruct.

 

 

I love NLOTH - and I say this as someone who has followed U2 from the start. As you say, when people have to dig deeper with music, they often lose interestin it.

 

But for those who want music that presents new sounds & possibly a new direction, they'll find it in NLOTH.

 

 

 

All the Best, debbie smile.gif

www.keepachildalive.org

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

prksoda00 wrote:

It is harder for a lot of the general populace to get into because it requires you to dig deeper. Kind of like the jump from War to UFF/ Both great albums, but completely different and requiring differing methods to deconstruct.

 

 

I love NLOTH - and I say this as someone who has followed U2 from the start. As you say, when people have to dig deeper with music, they often lose interestin it.

 

But for those who want music that presents new sounds & possibly a new direction, they'll find it in NLOTH.

 

 

 

All the Best, debbie smile.gif

www.keepachildalive.org

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber

I'm also surprised at the lack of success of the album. It has the normal U2 tradition- some real rockers(Boots,Stand Up), and sweet ballads(Breathe,Magnificent). I think part of the reason is that so many people are hurting because of the economy they aren't spending on luxury. I myself had to stopbuying all singles and imports. But I love the album. I've played it over and over ever since it came out. Don't understand why the true U2 fansaren't that excited about it. I think it's another real gem, but I think about everything they do is!!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I dont want to start a barrage of abuse here, but listening to the album im rather dissapointed. There are some good moments but im struggling with it. Itshows that the 2nd release doesnt even hit the top 40 in uk (although does it matter now anyhow as i dont know most of the stuff in the charts and the only wayyou get to number one is if your on a reality show or some stick thin broad parading round in knickers) Its just listening to it, i thought ok, nothing rathernew and below par if im honest.

 

 

For Q magazine to say its their best is clueless, Can you match up the start of the first 5 songs to Joshua Tree, Achtung Baby, All that you cant leave behind,sadly no. I guess the reason why the lack of interest is because its a below par effort and not inspiring as previous releases.

 

I still think they are the best and looking forward to seeing them at Wembley, but im just a bit downhearted about the album.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

People! What the heck does it matter how the album does in the charts? If you ask me it's better if only we, the hardcore, buy the album.

 

When U2 try to get new fans they get it badly wrong, i.e. Get On Your Boots - a song written purely for radio and joe dumbass public.

 

U2 have a huge fanbase of 25-50yr olds and should remember who they're writing songs for - bollocks to being popular with kids - they suck at doing thatanyway, U2 are "way uncool" with teens.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Stranger In A Strange Land wrote:

People! What the heck does it matter how the album does in the charts? If you ask me it's better if only we, the hardcore, buy the album.

 

When U2 try to get new fans they get it badly wrong, i.e. Get On Your Boots - a song written purely for radio and joe dumbass public.

 

U2 have a huge fanbase of 25-50yr olds and should remember who they're writing songs for - bollocks to being popular with kids - they suck at doing that anyway, U2 are "way uncool" with teens.

 

Yeah, I don't think Boots quite worked out for them the way Vertigo did with the younger demographic. Which is good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber

prksoda00 wrote:

Stranger In A Strange Land wrote:

People! What the heck does it matter how the album does in the charts? If you ask me it's better if only we, the hardcore, buy the album.

 

When U2 try to get new fans they get it badly wrong, i.e. Get On Your Boots - a song written purely for radio and joe dumbass public.

 

U2 have a huge fanbase of 25-50yr olds and should remember who they're writing songs for - bollocks to being popular with kids - they suck at doing that anyway, U2 are "way uncool" with teens.

 

Yeah, I don't think Boots quite worked out for them the way Vertigo did with the younger demographic. Which is good.
well I was gonna say they suck, but that's rude and offensive smile.gif Most of them have awful taste in music these days, I'll leave it at that. Vertigo got turned into some sort of teen iPod anthem...what was THAT? Iwas so annoyed by all the 14 year olds going 'omg VERTIGO i lyke totally love U2' roll.gif These were my peers! I don't know about U2 still attracting a teenagefanbase. I technically still am a teenage fan, but it wasn't Bomb that attracted me years ago, it was all the older stuff. I know a handful of 14/15 yearolds who really like them, though.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...