Is U2 Pro-Evolution?

On "Wild Honey", Bono sings....."In the days when we were swinging from the trees, I was a monkey..". On stand up comedy hesings..."God is love and love is evolution's very best day". What does the U2 fan make of this? Darwinism? Intelligent Design Theory?Neither?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Kristaps wrote:

Does it really matter what they think about this question?

Um, yeah, it would matter for some of us who believe that much of U2's music espouses a Christian world-view, with which evolution theorywould be wholly inconsistent.

I will be so profoundly bummed if I learn that U2 is a rallying point for anti-evolutionaries. Is this true??? It can't possibly be! They are too educatedfor that, aren't they??

No....it can't be them. Some of their fans, ok, maybe. But them??? No way. Can't be.

This cannot possibly be the case.

President Obama named Bono one of the "most influential people," and I am confident he would not have done this with someone who represented a 14thcentury, anti-intellectual world view. Just because they are "religious" does not mean they are not modern and educated!

It might be time for B to become more sophisticated and nuanced in the presentation of his religiosity if hewants to continue to have it define his public persona and benefit from that-- and not be run out of the 21st Century! He started to do this in his latest NYTeditorial--kudos!

The debates and paradigms of the last 2000 years are oh oh so so very very tired!