Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

prksoda00 wrote:

shamrock778 wrote:

We did not come from primeapes...evolution to a degree and no not monkies

PrimaTes

it can happen to the best of us.

• Subscriber

Ahh, I must say that I have enjoyed reading all your statements, opinions, beliefs etc..

(Ye, I know it sounds tough, but I've really read 'em all, all those almost unending posts)

We are, in the end, all individuals and can choose to believe whatever we want to, and whether something is to be treated as fact or fiction, is to theindividual to judge. If just you take the consequences of your statements.

I won't come up with one long wall of text with my own personal view of the world, even though I'd like to, as these discussions can be endless.

But I admire those of you who did, notably LifeFactory and Soda, with their research and way of using the english language to create plenty of sophisticated,well written and carefully thought through arguments (... on behalf of my own opinions).

Good work guys

I have to say though, that I doubt we'll see one "truth" emerging anytime soon, regarding the so-called meaning of life.

But I'm sure that when we'll get contact with aliens from a faraway galaxy (which we will, sometimes), everyone will know that life wasn't meantfor the Earth only, and that the human isn't a standalone character in the universe (... and that there is indeed no meaning of life).

Argh! I Couldn't resist!

(Darwin rules!)

Petaah wrote:

Ahh, I must say that I have enjoyed reading all your statements, opinions, beliefs etc..

(Ye, I know it sounds tough, but I've really read 'em all, all those almost unending posts)

We are, in the end, all individuals and can choose to believe whatever we want to, and whether something is to be treated as fact or fiction, is to the individual to judge. If just you take the consequences of your statements.

I won't come up with one long wall of text with my own personal view of the world, even though I'd like to, as these discussions can be endless.

But I admire those of you who did, notably LifeFactory and Soda, with their research and way of using the english language to create plenty of sophisticated, well written and carefully thought through arguments (... on behalf of my own opinions).

Good work guys

I have to say though, that I doubt we'll see one "truth" emerging anytime soon, regarding the so-called meaning of life.

But I'm sure that when we'll get contact with aliens from a faraway galaxy (which we will, sometimes), everyone will know that life wasn't meant for the Earth only, and that the human isn't a standalone character in the universe (... and that there is indeed no meaning of life).

Argh! I Couldn't resist!

(Darwin rules!)

LOL! *Adores Petaah* especially the "Argh!" Thanks. :D

Although, Petaah....I have to add that I think life does have meaning, but it is not inherent...it is created. We craft the meaning, and our creations do notexist in a vacuum.

Like actions, thoughts and even feelings have a material impact on the universe. Nothing humans do can be excised from the rest of the system--nor anythingthat anything else does. The whole system is integrated...I think. It appears so.

This also means, there is no way humans could or, I think, should be considered seperated from anything one might refer to as "god." I stronglysuspect this is the first misstep at the root of nearly all others.

• Subscriber

Well, maybe I shouldn't have used the term 'meaning of life', as we can all interpret it differently.

What I really meant was, the belief that the human was placed in the universe as a unique character by ... a supernatural figure, will diminish.

The very fact that humans aren't unique, can maybe make some feel that our lives in the end, are not needed (which I guess is also a reason why somewon't accept the theory of evolution).

I agree with you though, that the meaning of life is created by one self. It's what we do in our lifetime that makes us unique.

Bono isn't some new jesus who is sent to make peace in the world, no he's just a kind person who takes the time to bring up the initiatives othershaven't taken.