I need help making a U2 "mixed tape" for an 11 year old

hollyjuliana

• Subscriber

My 11-year old nephew is finally open to hearing what U2 has to offer him, after me telling him again and again about their greatness. He's big intoclassic rock and less classic rock like Guns n Roses.

That being said, I'm trying to make a CD for him with a sampling of some of the more rocking U2 songs.

I'm thinking Bullet the Blue Sky, All Along the Watchtower, but without going through all my CDs, I can't think of much else. Sadly, he wouldn'tappreciate the ballads and softer stuff, and he isn't a fan of techno tunes either.

Suggestions needed!!

• Subscriber

The Fly, Until The End Of The World, Exit, Electric Co (live) I Will Follow (live), Last Night On Earth, In God Country, Hawkmoon, Desire, Hold Me Thrill MeKiss Me Kill Me - - that's what I'd pick for an 11 yr old :)

• Subscriber

As odd as it sounds, with Guns n Roses first becoming big in 1987... they are classic rock now. tongue.gif

I'd add to what everyone else has suggested; New Years Day, Where the Streets Have No Name, Angel of Harlem, Mysterious Ways and Gone.

• Subscriber

As odd as it sounds, with Guns n Roses first becoming big in 1987... they are classic rock now. tongue.gif

I'd add to what everyone else has suggested; New Years Day, Where the Streets Have No Name, Angel of Harlem, Mysterious Ways and Gone.

• Subscriber

I have 2 boys and i drilled U2 into them at an early age, so much my then 4 year old said to my mother in law... "U2 are the best band because thebeatles are dead"... not something "i" actually said, but thought it was cute all the same...

anyway my pics for a U2 Mixed Tape

1) Where The Streets Have No Name .... This definitely should be first... hit him with some "Classic" Bono lyrics and vocal... and Edge Classicguitar

2) Bullet The Blue Sky

3) The Fly

4) Sunday Bloody Sunday

5) Bad (Live)

6) Until The End Of The World

7) Breathe

8) Vertigo

9) Gone

10) God Part II

11) City Of Blinding Lights

12) I Will Follow

13) Stand Up Comedy

14) Mysterious Ways

15) With Or Without You

16) Beautiful Day

17) Desire

18) An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart

19) Out Of Control

20) In Gods Country

21) New Years Day

22) Exit

19)

• Subscriber

I think back to when I was 11 Rattle and Hum had just came out. So I say the live version of Pride. Also One Tree Hill, Red Hill. I would also add Wild Horses,11 O'Clock Tic-Tock , Gloria and Mysterious Ways.

• Subscriber

why bother with a mix tape?

just give him a copy of boy and let him listen to the albums from boy to horizon...........................

if not best of 1980-1990. 1990-2000 or the 18 singles.