"No Award On The Horizon"..?

devotee_nice

All is in the title..............

I'm a U2 Fan for 30 years but this evening i'm listening the New Album and i'm very hum hum how can i say that..?? Hum "lost", yeah"lost".. I don't recognize the Band i love for more than 30 years..

Why so much "chilling songs" to help us to go to bed..??

DN*

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except for Breathe and MOS it's pretty lame. But don't worry, they've already said they'll have a new one out by Christmas.

Translation: The record company said "OK, we'll release this unlistenable, self-indulgent POS on one condition; you give us another album with someradio friendly songs on it by next holiday season. Otherwise, go back to the studio, cancel the tour and give us something we can sell."

• Subscriber

Osiris33 wrote:

Except for Breathe and MOS it's pretty lame. But don't worry, they've already said they'll have a new one out by Christmas.

Translation: The record company said "OK, we'll release this unlistenable, self-indulgent POS on one condition; you give us another album with some radio friendly songs on it by next holiday season. Otherwise, go back to the studio, cancel the tour and give us something we can sell."

i'm happy w/ the new album, so i hate to break this to you: bono was quoted as saying the next one is going to be "more meditative."

i'm sorry i can't agree with "chilling songs" or "pretty lame" or "self indulgent POS".

can I be so bold as to suggest that you check your old u2 collection just to see if the records/cds in the sleeves were really u2 albums cos from what i cangather they are not.

i've been listening to u2 since the early 80's and this album has undoubtedly got their musical fingerprints all over it.

the album to me expresses hope, a search for peace and serenity and questions that only some higher authority can answer - pretty common u2 themes fromboy,october, war, unforgettable fire,joshua tree,achtung baby,zooropa,pop,atyclb,htdaab and continues with no line on the horizon- but thats just my tuppence

An idea for the first two messages... make a cd with the following track list and then give your U2 albums to charity.

1. Vertigo
2. Elevation
3. All Because of You
4. Get On Your Boots (an embarrassing disservice to a truly great album)
5. Some Days Are Better Than Others
6. Miami
7. etc...

Great tunes, but U2's music should always have soul and sincerity. Radio is the enemy of U2 fans.