Festivals...concerts..whatcha doin 'sides u2 this summer??

xtraspicy62

may/glastonbudget(tribute bands festival)

may/depeche mode

june/lenny kravitz

july/rock werchter festival(festival in belgium with kings of leon/coldplay/e;bow/oasis/placebo/killers/nine inch nails/metallica/prodigy/limp busciut/seasicksteve/royksopp/ to many to mention but the line up is incredible.

july /u2 paris

july/ben and jerrys sundae festival with hopefully dome great bands there too.

september/u2 /muse /new york.

• Subscriber

Stay out of the mosh pits and the mud. Bring your own toilet paper and don't accept any of the bad acid going around. tongue.gif

My shows planned:

WMMR BBQ- This Sunday (5/17) Line up is: Halestorm, Duff McKagan's Loaded, Saliva, Papa Roach, Puddle of Mudd, The Offspring and ZZ Top.

Crue Fest 2- 7/19- Line up; Charm City Devils, Theory of a Deadman (Blech! That'll be my pee break), Drowning Pool, Godsmack and Crue (who we might justmiss altogether or leave soon after they start to get out of there w/o dealing with traffic)

Not a festival but I'm planning on seeing Les Claypool in Atlantic City on 7/17.

And of course, U2 in September... def once (9/24) possibly twice (Boston 9/21)

• Subscriber

Stay out of the mosh pits and the mud. Bring your own toilet paper and don't accept any of the bad acid going around. tongue.gif

My shows planned:

WMMR BBQ- This Sunday (5/17) Line up is: Halestorm, Duff McKagan's Loaded, Saliva, Papa Roach, Puddle of Mudd, The Offspring and ZZ Top.

Crue Fest 2- 7/19- Line up; Charm City Devils, Theory of a Deadman (Blech! That'll be my pee break), Drowning Pool, Godsmack and Crue (who we might justmiss altogether or leave soon after they start to get out of there w/o dealing with traffic)

Not a festival but I'm planning on seeing Les Claypool in Atlantic City on 7/17.

And of course, U2 in September... def once (9/24) possibly twice (Boston 9/21)

I'm going to take full advantage of all the free shows going on. Every Wednesday evening they have jazz up on the beach, there is some great bands andother than that I don't have a clue. My husband owns a sound company amongst other things so I get to see pretty much whatever I want but I haven'tbeen into going to any real shows (real shows are bigger bands). I went to a wild old new wave show last weekend that was so outta control it took me all weekto recover. The place was freaking packed! The thought of doing that again hurts :) I'm getting too old! So, if anything, you'll probably find me atBingo LOL! Concerts I have no plans.

bflorendo wrote:

I'm fortunate to be working in this industry...will be seeing a ton of shows before U2 and The Muse come to town. Here's some:

No Doubt

Aerosmith

Green Day

Coldplay

Incubus

Crue Fest - Motley Crue & Godsmack

Depeche Mode

are you a roadie? these are some pretty awsome shows!! Do tell...wink.gif

• Subscriber

meweavy wrote:

may/glastonbudget(tribute bands festival)

Hey.. Meweavy.. my hubby is going to Glastonbudget with his mates on a stag do.. so, watch out for a group of fellas from Grimsby!! :)

I've got Oasis, Take That, Glastonbury, U2 in Dublin x 3, U2 in Sheffield and Tom Jones to look forward to this year so far :)

xtraspicy62 wrote:

bflorendo wrote:

I'm fortunate to be working in this industry...will be seeing a ton of shows before U2 and The Muse come to town. Here's some:

No Doubt

Aerosmith

Green Day

Coldplay

Incubus

Crue Fest - Motley Crue & Godsmack

Depeche Mode

are you a roadie? these are some pretty awsome shows!! Do tell...
wink.gif

I'm in the live audio production side of things. You can be a roadie, or you can do regional stuff for an audio company. Both have itsbenefits, but I'm more on the regional side of things. Unlike a roadie (traveling w/just 1 band), you get to work w/several of them, when they come to yourtown. Some bands choose to rent from local audio companies, or like U2, carry their own production. However, a lot of engineers end up doing both (for constantwork), so I get to know a lot of these roadies that work w/these bands. Ideal for networking. Personally know engineers that work w/Metallica, Van Halen,Wolfmother, Motley Crue, Staind, The Killers, Paramore, Justin Timberlake, Aerosmith, Jonas Bros., Yellowcard, Jimmy Buffett, Sevendust, Gavin de Graw, RHCP,Springsteen, Little River Band.

Hopefully get to work w/Mr. O'Herlihy and the U2 crew!