U2.con LIES LIES LIES LIES AND MORE LIES

joshthetree

• Subscriber

What the hell is going on? Alot of U2 fans are being let down by U2.com we have received objective instructions both email andmessage board postings by moderators instructing us to renew early so we did in good faith. We then received an email saying don't renew early! too latealot of already had! Reassurances in writing were received stating even though we renewed early, under instruction from U2.com which was latter rescinded, wewould still receive the new CD this was backed up by moderators who concurred.

Many disappointed U2 fans and complaints latter we still haven't received what was advertised and little or no customer service just a selection of fob offemails from Fanfire and silence from U2.com/moderators - the very people who told us to stump up our hard earned cash to begin with. I love U2, I like U2.comand hey the moderators are just doing their job. But I feel let down by all.

I am now contemplating taking action through Trading Standards in the UK, but then I'm thinking bollocks to you why should I waste anymore of my life onresolving this wholly unsatisfactory and extremely poor position - I may as well pull the plug and jack in the 'fanclub' which I have been part of mostmy life.

Ultraviolet I agree whole heartedly. In the states, this Live Nation company, Fanfire, looks not to be acting in good faith. There is definitely the making ofa class action suit here. Especially when promises are made to induce the purchase of a fan club membership and then they switch or change their mind on howthey plan on performing their services.

MMR: ....... I contacted Bajagirl and was told to contact 'Hapiness' using the on site help form! The reply I got back was exactly like the email sentat the end of March, sending out second week of April. I then contacted Fanfire via the phone and was told: My CD has been "PULLED FROM THE SHELF AND WILLBE SHIPPED SHORTLY, AS I AM IN THE UK AND IT HAS TO GO THROUGH CUSTOMS I WILL HAVE TO ALLOW 4 - 6 WEEKS". They have no indication of when it will actuallybe shipped, just that it had been pulled from the shelf and was to be shipped!.......That was 5 days ago.....Now is this good news or not, for all I know itcould be shipped in two days or two weeks, or being the sceptic that I am I could just be, being fobbed off........

MRR: ....... I contacted Bajagirl and was told to contact 'Hapiness' using the on site help form! The reply I got back was exactly like the email sentat the end of March, sending out second week of April. I then contacted Fanfire via the phone and was told: My CD has been "PULLED FROM THE SHELF AND WILLBE SHIPPED SHORTLY, AS I AM IN THE UK AND IT HAS TO GO THROUGH CUSTOMS I WILL HAVE TO ALLOW 4 - 6 WEEKS". They have no indication of when it will actuallybe shipped, just that it had been pulled from the shelf and was to be shipped!.......That was 5 days ago.....Now is this good news or not, for all I know itcould be shipped in two days or two weeks, or being the sceptic that I am I could just be, being fobbed off........

• Subscriber

joshthetree wrote:

HEY U2 - PLEASE SORT YER FANCLUB OUT - THANK YOU
smokin.gif

Well it looks like all our whining and bitching might have worked and things might be getting sorted out of the CDfront ref mods post http://community.u2.com/topic/7195

I'll keep my fingerss crossed then and say thank you to all concerned. Cheers roll.gif

PS: hopefully I'll be able to change the subject now, as I'm even boring myself....