Why doesn't Bono play the bass

• Subscriber

Edge is a frustrated drummer, Larry wants to be the singer, Bono wants to play guitar, Adam only wants to play the bass.

Adam's been doing a fine job for over 25 years, why would Bono play bass?

Anybody have the making of the Unforgettable Fire video included on the Slane DVD? I swear there is a shot of U2 jamming in the castle's big room whereBono is playing Bass. I wouldn't mind heariing them try using a Danelectro Baritone guitar sometime... wait, I think they did on Your Blue Room. Can'thelp but think of Twin Peaks whenever I hear that instrument.

• Subscriber

trickywicket wrote:

Anybody have the making of the Unforgettable Fire video included on the Slane DVD? I swear there is a shot of U2 jamming in the castle's big room where Bono is playing Bass. I wouldn't mind heariing them try using a Danelectro Baritone guitar sometime... wait, I think they did on Your Blue Room. Can't help but think of Twin Peaks whenever I hear that instrument.

I have that on VHS and yep, Bono is indeed playing the bass. Here's a gif from it:

bonobassuf.gif

• Subscriber

trickywicket wrote:

Anybody have the making of the Unforgettable Fire video included on the Slane DVD? I swear there is a shot of U2 jamming in the castle's big room where Bono is playing Bass. I wouldn't mind heariing them try using a Danelectro Baritone guitar sometime... wait, I think they did on Your Blue Room. Can't help but think of Twin Peaks whenever I hear that instrument.

I have that on VHS and yep, Bono is indeed playing the bass. Here's a gif from it:

bonobassuf.gif