No line on the Horizon=B-

• Subscriber

Totally agree with Native there - All That You Can't ... was hailed as a back to basics album but I'm not a big fan ... lyrically it is one of theirworst efforts ... Walk On is a great song, but after the first five songs that album becomes pretty dull. Atomic Bomb was much better and more rocking but NoLine is the best LP since Achtung Baby by an absolute mile.

• Subscriber

Cant agree with you on that. NLOTH is a decent album but certainly not as good as the previous 2. The respective sales tell you that as well.

I think some people are just being somewhat "over-protective" of the band, with the undue praise being heaped on the new album when in fact we knowin our hearts.........

• Subscriber

Mark in pock wrote:

Cant agree with you on that. NLOTH is a decent album but certainly not as good as the previous 2. The respective sales tell you that as well.

I think some people are just being somewhat "over-protective" of the band, with the undue praise being heaped on the new album when in fact we know in our hearts.........

Nothing to do with being over protective. Nloth is great, Bomb was very good, and ATYCLB was a steaming pile of boring.

I had hardest time with HTDAB for some reason

And even today that would be probably last album i would play by U2...

LOVED ATCLB Grace,Walk On,Stuck In the Moment,New York,Beautiful Day,Kite, all great tunes and In A Little While as well Wild Honey,,,lol as i said Great albumto me :)

For me All That is a homogeneous album. He has a very clear theme and it goes well until Walk On, then he drops. The lyrics are very beautifull meanly Gracebut I thought about the songs they inspired little, except for Kite has music and lyrics perfects. For me All That is a semi-acoustic gospel album.

Bomb I think it don't have the same uniformity of All That. It seems a number of good songs without at any time form a central theme. Either way is a greatalbum, better than All That.

No Line is a álbum made to please only two types of people: the guys of band and fans. I think after 30 years of career they have this right. It is not analbum made to please the public and critical, as were the last two. It is an album more than 90's than 80's or 00's. In my opinion he is as good asAchtung Baby. I think he is a sort of Van Gogh. It will only be appreciated by the public and critical after a while. Meanwhile we enjoy it.

I agree, it has been a few weeks and the jury is still out for me on No Line... I mean, the first few days I listened beginning to end over and over... and Imight have peaked on it.... I'm currently putting it back in the barrel to age a bit, but I'm fairly confident once I uncork it, it will be a finevintage. There might have been a couple albums that turned to vinegar for me, but, vinegar is useful too.

• Subscriber

trickywicket wrote:

I agree, it has been a few weeks and the jury is still out for me on No Line... I mean, the first few days I listened beginning to end over and over... and I might have peaked on it.... I'm currently putting it back in the barrel to age a bit, but I'm fairly confident once I uncork it, it will be a fine vintage. There might have been a couple albums that turned to vinegar for me, but, vinegar is useful too.

lolroll.gif