Still haven't gotten the new U2 album and wont

sorry, but I listened to it all on this one site...Free...no downloading many people like to listen free...

Well there is only so much a band can sell of one album after 1 million platinum or 500,000 gold...

I heard Behind went 5x's platinum...

yah know...

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same here.

All That You Can't Leave Behind - I could listen to that album from Beautiful Day to Grace (but sometimes I skip Grace, depending on the mood i was in)

How Yo Dismantle An Atomic Bomb - I am going to be honest here and say that it took me 2 years to listen to it completely, but now I love it!, last song I hadto listen to complete it was Original Of The Species

This new new album I have listen to it completely just once, but to be honest aside from the 1st 2 songs, I'll Go Crazy, Get On Your Boots and Breathe, Ifind this album really boring.

But then again like I said in other threads, we have to wait to heard it live, maybe the songs will sound and feel different.

But for...I am still going to be skipping those songs, I am sorry but they are really boring...

I am bored with this album already. There are a couple songs I am still listening to, but bored otherwise.

Anyway, Shamrock, when you mention that there is only so many albums they can sell, perhaps it is because there are so many who are listening for free instead.Surely that cuts into sales.

No Line on the Horizon has already worn thin on me too.

I hated Crazy Tonight and Moment of Surrender from the start and still refuse to listen to those songs. I've lost interest in Magnificent because it hasshit lyrics - some of the lyrics in other songs make me cringe also.

While the album overall doesn't sound too bad, it's basically a mix of the previous two albums with a few tricks and quirks from Brian Eno here andthere - and there is nothing lyrically inspiring on it at all. I originally thought the album was about a 4/5 effort, but I've looked beneath the surfaceand am left with nothing - I feel ripped off and misled to be honest.

The other thing that I'm constantly left asking is whether the band had any direction in what they were doing when recording this, or whether they havestarted to rest on their laurels and treat their fanbase with contempt. I really don't like the fact that Edge has recycled guitar lines from The Fly andHoly Joe in the title track - and they appear to have blatantly pinched bits and pieces from previous hits from the 70s and 80s (most notably Pump it Up byElvis Costello (Get on your boots) and Blondie's Heart of Glass (alternative version of No Line on the Horizon).

The most interesting songs here are Being Born and Cedars of Lebanon - and really, they belong on a Passengers album because they are 80% Brian Eno.

I think this album signals the beginning of the end for U2. They should call it quits after this tour and retire gracefully.

• Subscriber

Fortitude wrote:

No Line on the Horizon has already worn thin on me too.

I hated Crazy Tonight and Moment of Surrender from the start and still refuse to listen to those songs. I've lost interest in Magnificent because it has shit lyrics - some of the lyrics in other songs make me cringe also.

While the album overall doesn't sound too bad, it's basically a mix of the previous two albums with a few tricks and quirks from Brian Eno here and there - and there is nothing lyrically inspiring on it at all. I originally thought the album was about a 4/5 effort, but I've looked beneath the surface and am left with nothing - I feel ripped off and misled to be honest.

The other thing that I'm constantly left asking is whether the band had any direction in what they were doing when recording this, or whether they have started to rest on their laurels and treat their fanbase with contempt. I really don't like the fact that Edge has recycled guitar lines from The Fly and Holy Joe in the title track - and they appear to have blatantly pinched bits and pieces from previous hits from the 70s and 80s (most notably Pump it Up by Elvis Costello (Get on your boots) and Blondie's Heart of Glass (alternative version of No Line on the Horizon).

The most interesting songs here are Being Born and Cedars of Lebanon - and really, they belong on a Passengers album because they are 80% Brian Eno.

I think this album signals the beginning of the end for U2. They should call it quits after this tour and retire gracefully.

Just like 'they' said when POP came out and look what happened then. And if it is the end, then this album was a brilliant finalle !