Still haven't gotten the new U2 album and wont

• Subscriber

I love the new album. It's a great album, I'm listening to it a lot. Meaning, it's keeping me interested and I haven't stopped listening.Exactly what happened when Achtung Baby came out. I don't care if it didn't make the top 40, I don't know what to say about that. Except, thisalbum is really for us real fans, the fans who understand U2 the most.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Fortitude wrote:

I've lost interest in Magnificent because it has shit lyrics

you got to be kidding me!

i just can't deal with the fact that any U2 fan says that this song is shit

everybody thinks different... I LOVE THE NEW ALBUM

i would really like to hear what you guys think in a few years wink.gif

I still listen to the album now and then, but I listen to a LOT of music by a big variety of artists so that's why it's not NLOTH/U2 everyday all day.It's kind of like a treat for the mind and ears this way and I can never get bored of it. :) ATYCLB however is their most boring and bland album IMO, nomatter how often or not I listen to it laugh.gif... first half pretty good butafter that it goes downhill especially that terrible Wild Honey ugh! But to each their own. smile.gif

What I don't understand is, why would anyone say they should retire because the respective person thinks the album is not good. I think we should let U2decide when it's time to retire... don't you think? wink.gif

• Subscriber

As much as I love that U2 were willing to start branching out on this album again, it just doesn't really feel coherent. Near as I can tell, it'sbecause of the Crazy Tonight/Boots/Comedy trio. They suck the life right out of the center of the album. It's only because Breathe and Being Born are suchstrong songs that the album is able to recover in the second half. As my mom said after listening to a few times, it just doesn't feel as focused. Ifthey'd gone with this tracklisting, I think it could have been an album with more of an identity.

No Line On The Horizon

Magnificent

Get On Your Boots

Moment Of Surrender

Unknown Caller

Fez-Being Born

White As Snow

Mercy

Breathe

Winter

Cedars Of Lebanon

One thing I've noticed that I find interesting: on the iTunes audio settings, the album seems to sound best when it's on the Piano setting. Edge'sguitars really shine in Magnificent on that setting.

• Subscriber

I also remember when The Fly was released and Radio One stated U2 had sold out and were finished, whilst AB is now noted by a lot ahead of JT. Well that wasback in 91/92 and we are now in 2009 still talking about U2 and they are still producing fabulous music.

I don't love everything they do but they are still a more than relevant group and incidentaly how do you think Joshua TRee And Actung would have faredsales wise these days if they were released now ? Probably not a lot better because people now burn off their mates and download off illegal sites meaningsales figures are irelevant these days at the higher end !

• Subscriber

and when rock n roll started it was for the younger generation. well that generation (50's) grew up. 60's baby boomers they grew up on rock, what arethey suddenly gonna do turn country? or listen to Boston Pops? Just because grandpa listened to the grand ole opry, doesnt mean the son will, and the grandsonwont even know what it is. I have a friend whos a die hard NIN fan. She will break the stereotype of grandma. smile.gif

The days of judging rock by age is gone.

Who are the idiots who started this topic?? Shamrock, you are officially banned...the new allbum is Brillian!!. You have officially lost your U2 fan card...soget off this site!!! No Line is an unbelievable mixture of emotions and sounds!

When I first download NLOTH from pirate bay jejeje, and the day of release I bought the album, when i heard it, only skip Cedars of lebanon and White as snow,FOR ME they are so boring, they have so good ballads like stay, first time, wanderer, acrobat, one tree hill etc..... the rest of the NLOTH is good, betterthan ATYCLB, and you can hate me But beatiful Day sucks jejeje, its like a Coke Jingle.

One thing I've noticed that I find interesting: on the iTunes audio settings, the album seems to sound best when it's on the Piano setting. Edge'sguitars really shine in Magnificent on that setting.

trying that right now.... I'm noticing the snare and roto-toms (??) on NL have a bit more snap to 'em. And Adam has a bit more mid range muscle onMagnificent.... moral of the story, if an album gets a bit stale, mix it up and screw around with the equalizer settings! LOL.

I do kind of agree on the sequence of songs, I tend to lose interest w/ I'll go crazy, Boots, and Stand Up... I don't really think they fit this albumparticularly well. U2 really shouldn't have to concern themselves w/ getting radio play, or album sales, or charts. People will still show up for concerts.Here is my track listing for this record...

1. No Line on the Horizon

2. Magnificent

3. Fez- Being Born

4. Moment of Surrender

5. Unkown Caller

6. Breathe

7. Winter

8. White as Snow

9. Cedars of Lebanon