My mom had a bad heart attack again

wahine

Now, I'm on the edge of losing it. My oldest brother came into town, the other one is in Sumatra-I can't reach him he's on some boat surfing,anyhow, he told me don't worry about anything, she is gonna be released today, everyone doctors, everyone said she is doing great. Last night, I wassitting with her (I've noticed some serious changes in her memory, speech, etc. yet I was told I was wrong) when the heart surgeon came in he decided tokeep her and they are going back in at 9AM. The heart attack was MASSIVE, just like I thought. Since my dad died, I've been her caretaker, so I didn'twanna argue with my family, I just knew it wasn't right. So, I wanted to sleep in the room last night(she has a beautiful huge private room so stayingthere is no problem) instead I came home, the winds came up huge, and I yelled at the wind you are not taking her. For the first time in 6 years I swear to GodI felt my father beside me. Well, I'm back to the hospital to see if they can save her, the heart has bigtime damage. I'm not ready for her to go.There is no way I can let her go. The Lord had better not ask that of me, cuz I'm not going there. God and I will fight till the end of time over this one!I've given him full warning! I am not strong enough to deal with this right now.

• Subscriber

not much will make you feel better, but I feel for you my mom went through heart attacks, and ended up having a quadrupal bypass, which was rough but then shewas fine. it sucks Im sorry will say some prayers for you all.

Ok, one week and three surgeries later my mother has a fancy little computer inside her, kinda like a pacemaker. It's a defibulator. They told me she wouldnot live one minute without it. So she had that done on Saturday morning. She has had some serious memory (short term) loss and has the said the most wackedout things to me I have ever heard in my life from anyone (of course when I had my daughter by C-Section, they held my daughter up to me and I screamedTHAT'S NOT MY BABY!) It was so special, mothers first words in the baby book. So, I can understand the crazy talk, and it is crazy talk. The doctorsuggested let's just focus on getting the heart taken care of then address the memory issues later after she is home and in her own environment. So, thankyou for your prayers they meant so much. *wahine looks to the sky and says Thanks God and thinks the Lord laughs at her when she threatens him, real Stand UpComedy for the Lords pleasure* So, if all goes well she will be home this week and I couldn't be happier. BTW-That boat my brother is on in Sumatra hasevery communication device you can think of, I sent an email to him and he called right away and gave me the direct line to the boat-he laughed at me when Itold him I hoped my email would reach him. Here I thought he might be roughing it a bit out there, No He is on the Indies Trader IV one of the finest boats inthe Mentawi's. It's a good thing I didn't go but damn a few weeks out there with your boat and surfing everyday sounds like heaven right now.

• Subscriber

a co-worker of mine had a defibulator put in as well. this was about 2 years ago. as of now, he's working 2 jobs (one of them is a mail carrier for thepost office which can be very strenuous) and the other is a stocker at a local grocery store. he's still hanging in there and going strong. your motherwill be fine. but i will keep her in my prayers for you. wahine, hang in there. life can be very scary. just thank god everyday that she's still alive andtry not to let that get away. cherish what you have left and hope that its many many more years to come.