U2 last night at Shepherds Bush

Talya

Thanks for your eyewitness account of this event & for your pic. Very cool for you!

Very honestly, had I been in London I would have joined you there as Baaba Maal & Yusuf Islam are two of my all-time fav musicians. (also a bit partial toU2 - smile)

Here is a bit more about last night & two of my fav pics from the event:

The band took to the stage at the O2 Academy Shepherds Bush, joining African artistBaabaMaal just after he played his set as part of the Island Life gigs which are taking place at the venue this week to celebratethe 50th anniversary of the acts' label Island Records.

Having played a full set with his band, Maal returned to the stage kicking off his version of Irish band's 'One'before the full U2 line-up joined inacoustically.

Praising Maal's "nobility", Bono declared he was "the spark of Africa", before the pair slipped intoa short version of Bob Marley's 'FeelAlright' - another Island Records artist.

The U2 frontman then declared"We've got one more in us", before his band launched into 'Vertigo', thanking their former recordlabel at the songs climax.

DSC_8228.jpg

DSC_8480.jpg

love this one roll.gif

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

I just heard about this surprise appearance in a thread here yesterday and I was wondering if any U2 fans here had the pleasure of being there to see thisfirst hand.

So cool that you were there, Talya. What a incredible surprise and show that had to be. Thanks for sharing your pics with us too.

• Subscriber

I just heard about this surprise appearance in a thread here yesterday and I was wondering if any U2 fans here had the pleasure of being there to see thisfirst hand.

So cool that you were there, Talya. What a incredible surprise and show that had to be. Thanks for sharing your pics with us too.

It's a good one too - enjoy! wink.gif

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess"value="always"></param><embed src="
"type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560"height="340"></embed></object>

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess"value="always"></param><embed src="
"type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560"height="340"></embed></object>