Who have you met that wasnt U2?

Kitty Chan

• Subscriber

To complement the other thread about what would you do if you met Bono. Just who has everyone met?

I saw Susan Sarandon eating lunch at a patio table on Cataline Island (off Long Beach CA) I said hello to Henry Winkler at the Calgary airport, he was lookingfor coffee at Starbucks, but he was in a hurry so no one bugged him.

The one I really met wasnt a movie star but the premier of my province. (like a governor in the states) His name is Ralph Klein. Now, he was the mayor ofCalgary then was environment minister and then became premier. So, one day Im at city hall paying a bill. There is a environment expo going on. I poke aroundthe booths, and Im yapping at the guys at the enviroment booth. As some of you may figure I ramble tongue.gif so after a long while I figure I better get going.

What I didnt know was Mr Klein (and his body guard) has entered the building and is heading over to the same booth.(having been the environment minister) SoooIm saying goodbye to the guys at the booth and turn around fast to leave.

Wham! I full on run right into Mr Klein. I start the typical ohhh I so sorry because Ive bumped someone.

Then, I recoginize him. Do I go shy oh no eyes.gif You all know how when youmeet your long lost whoever how you react? Well thats what I did. I start off by reaching out and hitting him on the chest and saying really loud.

OH HOW ARE YOU? havent seen you for a while, hows it going? you enjoying your new job? and I cant remember what all else I asked him. Just running off atthe mouth like a soup sandwich. I think Im still holding his arm at this point, anyone watching would have thought he was my long lost uncle.

somewhere in there my brain starts kicking in exactly who this is and I notice the guard really eyeing me.

about that time Ralph asks me how Im enjoying the expo, so I turn and explain what the booth guys told me. I turn to look at them and they are grinning at meand my brain kicks in again and I start to lose steam.

So I essentially introduce him to the booth guys and say I had to go, which is just over the top really. As Im leaving Im starting to get weirded out by how Iwas. But Im sure I probably made his day anyway.

So if I met Bono? dont know if Id clam up or forge ahead, I have a dreaded feeling I will be just as out of control. I liked Klein, he was one of the fewgood leaders. But I love Bono so much more. I dread what I may say. embarassed.gif

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

I haven't met any big celebrity. Just seen a few local ones.

*thinks for a moment*

The closest I've been to someone known around the world was the USA hockey team a few years ago, they were a meter or so from me :) Oh, and I have a jerseysigned by several former local hockey stars :)

• Subscriber

The Les man! Very cool, Prksoda, very cool.

I've met quite a few musicians/bands. Back in the late 80s to early 90s, the music industry was my life and my passion. I played in a band of my own, hadfriends who were signed to major labels, did studio session work and worked for a sound and lighting theatrical company. From all of that, I had the pleasure,but more often the displeasure to come into contact with quite a few artists that were popular during that time. That's pretty much all I'm going toshare about that.

• Subscriber

The Les man! Very cool, Prksoda, very cool.

I've met quite a few musicians/bands. Back in the late 80s to early 90s, the music industry was my life and my passion. I played in a band of my own, hadfriends who were signed to major labels, did studio session work and worked for a sound and lighting theatrical company. From all of that, I had the pleasure,but more often the displeasure to come into contact with quite a few artists that were popular during that time. That's pretty much all I'm going toshare about that.

• Subscriber

Kitty Chan wrote:

Just running off at the mouth like a soup sandwich.

That's hysterical Kitty Chan. I just about spit diet coke all over my screen when I'd read that. Never heard that expression before.

Enjoyed reading your celebrity meeting stories.

• Subscriber

Kitty Chan wrote:

Just running off at the mouth like a soup sandwich.

That's hysterical Kitty Chan. I just about spit diet coke all over my screen when I'd read that. Never heard that expression before.

Enjoyed reading your celebrity meeting stories.