To U2, not that they woud read this!

Shonuff75

• Subscriber

prksoda00 wrote:

Shonuff75 wrote:

Not only are you one of the only bands I have seen that charges people to be members of their fan club, but you let most of your tickets get bought up by all these ticket scalpers!!! So true fans of your music, people who pay money to be a part of your web site to get early access, etc. can't even get tickets to your shows. But you probably don't care. Your tickets are selling and these scam artists ticket scalpers make it near impossible for normal folks to be able to afford to come see you. The people who have been there from the beginning and who love your music may never see you play.

Wow, I wonder when you guys were first playing music for the actual LOVE of it, did you ever think, that you couldn't make
enough
money? Does it bother you that so many people, fans of yours, won't be able to see you? Why aren't you guys going to New Orleans? The city needs help. You had no problem playing there for the first game the Saints played after Hurricane Katrina. Why won't you go now; not enough publicity? Did New Orleans not offer enough money?

A very sad fan

laugh.gif

True Fans love unconditionally. I betcha nothing irritate U2 more than whiners. If you don't like what they have become then move on! THey will not changefor you!eyes.gif

• Subscriber

basher1
wrote:

Shonuff75
wrote:

Not only are you one of the only bands I have seen that charges people to be members of their fan club, but you let most of your tickets get bought up by all these ticket scalpers!!! So true fans of your music, people who pay money to be a part of your web site to get early access, etc. can't even get tickets to your shows. But you probably don't care. Your tickets are selling and these scam artists ticket scalpers make it near impossible for normal folks to be able to afford to come see you. The people who have been there from the beginning and who love your music may never see you play.

Wow, I wonder when you guys were first playing music for the actual LOVE of it, did you ever think, that you couldn't make
enough
money? Does it bother you that so many people, fans of yours, won't be able to see you? Why aren't you guys going to New Orleans? The city needs help. You had no problem playing there for the first game the Saints played after Hurricane Katrina. Why won't you go now; not enough publicity? Did New Orleans not offer enough money?

A very sad fan

U2 are c***s.

Filthy rich bastards!

ceallach67 wrote:

Dear Sad Fan;

Show me one artist that doesn't have a charge for a fan club membership. Even back in the day before internet, artists had fan clubs and there was always a membership fee included. And about the fan club membership; with that comes a presale code. Of course, first dibs on the presale go to those members who have been paying all along to be a part of the fan club even when there wasn't a tour scheduled. You know, this way you're sure to get the presale codes into the hands of actual and long time fans. Those that signed up just because of tour may have missed out, but, understand this is what ticket scalpers do. They join a fanclub just prior to a worldwide tour in order to get a crack at presale codes.

Now about money. What do you think it costs to build, set up, take down and transport an entire stage set up around the world? Well let's just say it ain't cheap. And while you may believe the band should work for free, the road crew and touring staff should not. By the way, the first moment you're willing to forego a salary and work your job for free out of the sheer goodness of your heart, let the band know and maybe they'll follow suit.

New Orleans; can't answer for certain, however, there are several stadiums the band isn't playing on this first North American leg. In case you didn't realize it is smack dab in the middle of football season. In addition to that, some franchises weren't agreeable when it came down to letting their stadiums be used for a concert.

Hope that answers your questions and or concerns.

A Realistic Fan

Yeah, keep in mind Sad Fan, that ZooTV cost 250k A DAY to keep on the road, and that was 16 years ago.