Tour: rumors and news

lauretta1979

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard from a friend who works security at UVa that U2 is definitely coming to Scott Stadium in Charlottesville in October. God only knows how accurate that

is but he was right on the Springsteen and DMB shows coming in April. We'll see.

paholla wrote:

pompey1 wrote:

that would prove to be a huge surprise paholla

where has this info come from?

i don't know exactely but one of them said this. if i find again the news i will tell you..

anyway, it's very probably because they said they have a lot of other songs, i remember something like 50 or 60 new songs, and i think that sooner or later will be publish in some way..

well i`m still buzzing with `no line on the horizon` it would be brilliant to hear a another new album within a year image

pompey1 wrote:

anyone else know anything about yet another U2 album being released over the next 12 months or so?

anyone??

anything???

Yeah Bono confirmed in an article the other day that they are releasing another album in November this year that is more reflective with thecentral theme of pilgrimage.

• Subscriber

it seems that the tour will begin in barcelona, that there will 25 dates in europe and in usa. dates of croke park should be 24, 25 and 27 of july. The details

of the tour will be annnounced the 9 of march and the first places will be to sale one week later !!! those informations come from live nation director and he

also confirmed that there will be a 360 ° scene

The first batch of dates will be announced on March 9

Live Nation's Chairman of Global Touring, Arthur Fogel, has been talking about the upcoming U2 tour.

"I think fans will be very impressed," he tells UK trade magazine Music Week. "U2 have always been on the cutting edge in terms of stage designand technology. Performing live is an art form in itself and there is no greater master of that than U2."

As revealed in their current Hot Press cover story, the band will be playing 'in the round' with a 360-production. They're eschewing indoor arenas,festivals and other 'flat field' events in favour of stadiums.

"Given the unique design of the production, it's mandatory really," Fogel resumes. "There is no front or back - we're playing surroundedby the audience."

As for ticket prices, "There will be an extreme tiering. I've always been a proponent of scaling. The notion of single price tickets is not somethingthat I've ever embraced but I think that in this particular (economic) climate it's important to really look at that tiering carefully."

Music Week also quote Paul McGuinness as stating that details of the world tour will be announced on March 9, with approximately 25 shows in Europe and 25 inNorth America before Christmas. European ticket sales will commence on March 14 or 15 with the Irish leg expected to comprise of a three-night run in CrokePark on July 24, 25 and 27.

Anyone know anything about UK dates? I was hoping to get Dublin tickets, but if the info above is correct, Its my birthday weekend and we are already booked to

go away then. Bum! Hopefully I can get tickets for Manchester, Leeds, etc...somewhere oop north!