Be a Backstage Tour Producer for U2's 360° Tour

charitybuzz

Live Nation has teamed up with charitybuzz, the leading global charity auction site, and donated a unique experience to help raise proceeds for LIFEbeat.

It doesn't get any more behind the scenes than this: one incredibly lucky winner and a guest (total of 2) will live the life of backstage tour producersfor the legendary band U2 during one of three North American show dates for their 360° Tour.

In this experience you and your guest will shadow U2's tour producer for a day that will allow you to:
- Spend a day backstage directing the show preparations for the biggest band in the world
- Be a part of the planning and managing the days schedule
- Troubleshooting from set up through sound check to the crowd arriving and the show itself
- You can even watch the show from wherever you want!

Tour stops that are available to choose from are:
September 13, 2009 Chicago's Soldier Field
September 21 Boston's Gillette Stadium
September 25 New York Giants Stadium

Long-time U2 Show Director Willie Williams has worked again with architect Mark Fisher (ZooTV, PopMart, Elevation and Vertigo), to create an innovative 360°design which affords an unobstructed view for the audience. U2 360° also marks the first time a band has toured in stadiums with such a unique and originalstructure.

LIFEbeat is dedicated to reaching America's youth with the message of HIV/AIDS prevention. LIFEbeat mobilizes the talents and resources of the musicindustry to raise awareness and to provide support to the AIDS community.

To bid on this amazing experience or for more information please visit http://tinyurl.com/mkly2w or go to www.charitybuzz.com and search lot # 91420

• 2 weeks later...

I got a couple of them for ya:

1. A drummer who became tired of being the butt of his band mate's jokes so one day he decides to play another instrument.

After thinking about it, the drummer decides to take-up the acordian so he goes to purchase the best one he could find at a local, music store.

This is how the store visit went:

Shopkeeper: May I help you?

Drummer: Where are your accordians?

Shopkeeper: (points to a corner) over there?

(after looking over in the corner, the drummer makes up his mind)

Drummer: ok, I made up my mind

Shopkeeper: Great, which one will it be?

Drummer: the big red, one

Shopkeeper: You're a drummer aren't you?

Drummer: What gave me away?

Shopkeeper: because your so big, red accordian is actually the the store's generator

Joke #2

A businessman was visiting the Hawaiian islands on one of his business trips and at the end of one day of negotiations his was tired and had a horribleheadache.

Unfortunately, he couldn't sleep due to a drum solo going on in the hotel, so he approaches the concierge

Concierge: My I help you?

Businessman: I really have a bad headache and really need the drummer to be quiet.

Concierge:Oh, I can't do that sire because it's really bad if he stops playing

Businessmen: Why what's so bad if he stops playing?

Concierge: I cannot tell you because it's so bad.

After a hour of more drumming, the poor businessman has had it and pays the drummer to stop.

Concierge: Sir, you shouldn't have done that because now something really bad is going to happen

Businessman: What, what is so terrible thing which is going to happen because I paid the drummer to stop

Concierge: Bass player solo roll.gif

1. According to Motorhead's crew:

Lemmy (to Mon. engineer): 'Can you hear that god awful racket in my wedge?'

Monitor engineer: 'No'

Lemmy: 'Well neither can I, turn it up!'

2. According to a famous band's crew: (You can probably figure out the band and singer)

S.T.: How come I could'nt hear that Joe P. guitar part?

Mon. eng.: Because he didn't play it.

S.T.: You mean to tell me that after 30 f*cking years, Joe didn't play the lick?

Mon. eng.: That's what I'm saying

S.T.: Maybe you should smoke some dope, coz I heard it!

Mon. eng.: Huh?

3. According to The Who's crew:

'Bobby, is this wedge on? I don't think so, coz I don't hear any feedback!' - Rodger Daltry

4. I'm loading audio gear onto a truck when suddenly Zakk Wylde comes by and says 'hi, where's the bathroom at?', then goes to the bathroom.Afterwards he comes back and sees me still in the truck.

Z.W.: You're still loading sh*t on that truck? (laughing) What's taking you so long?

Me.: I'm the only one loading it, why don't you come up here and give me a f*cking hand? (laughing)

Z.W.: I would, but my band's calling me to practice.

5. Later on, my buddies are hanging out with him (drunk out of their minds). Then Zakk starts playing the Crazy Train riff.

My buddy: 'No, no, no, that's not how it goes!'

Zakk gives him the guitar: 'Ok, you show me how to play it!'

My buddy starts playing it his own way. The next night, at the show, Zakk starts playing Crazy Train the way my buddy showed him.