360 show opener???..(first song)

u2jerry

Listening to FEZ and how BOOT'S is worked in it seems like the perfect opener, and thinking as a longtime fan would'nt it be

cool if they worked snippets of other songs of past in it prior [pre-tape mix] and then into FEZ live?

What do you think will be the opener of the live set?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

my money's on the title track. Hard to say without any idea where the setlist is going, but I'd bet on that. Maybe Magnificent. Those are the only twoon the new album that would make decent openers, IMHO...

• Subscriber

If FEZ were to be the opener, I'd prefer it be played over a PA and when the "Let Me In The Sound" part came on, the boys would start Get On YourBoots. I can also see "No Line On The Horizon" opening it. I just keep picturing Bono on stage singing "every night I have the samedream..." and the audience going along with the "Woaha-woaha-woha!" parts.

• Subscriber

I'm going with Boots, but I'd really like it to be No Line. My reasoning is that Bono plays guitar on the title track, and he doesn't usually playon the first song of a concert. (Zoo Station, Elevation, Vertigo)

I could be completely off on that one, and I hope I am. :)

I think No Line will be second, unless the second song is an older song.

I wonder how they'll space out the 5 new songs in the setlist? I'd like the five to be No Line, Magnificent, Crazy Tonight, Unknown Caller and Stand UpComedy (giving a slight edge to SUC over Breathe because it hasn't been performed live yet), but that's not what I'm expecting.

• Subscriber

U2 like to kick off their shows with something great, loud and magnificent.... it has to be GRAND, but I don't think Fez/Being born provides quite thatatmosphere. I mean, look at the openers for the past tours: Zoostation (ZooTV), Popmuzik/Mofo (Popmart), Elevation, COBL/Vertigo - the moment the three accordshave been played, the whole statium is jumpiing up and down.... :)