360 show opener???..(first song)

u2jerry

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Last two tours they've gone with the big radio hit songs that everyone in the crowd has heard lots in the last six months - if they stay with this it willbe Boots and then possibly Magnificent. I imagine then a combination of Elevation/Beautiful Day and some new ones. Do you think any of the new album will fitin with the later songs - the really big hitters like One, With OR Without You, Streets, Bad, Walk On? Or will they play songs like Moment of Surrender,Unknown Caller, Crazy etc earlier on? Also wondering about any older songs as a surprise?Last time out they played a lot of Boy stuff ...

• Subscriber

I actually don't think they'd start with Boots. I can't think of the last time they started a show with the first single (I know they started a few2005 shows with Vertigo but they seemed to revert back to COBL after the Euro leg).

Plus Boots got such a divisive reaction when it was released and the band is aware of that (Bono admitted as much in the Rolling Stone article earlier thisyear), I can't see them starting off a show with a song they already know is going to split the aurdience. I could be wrong and they could be (they arepretty stubborn after all), but I just don't see Boots opening myself. Could see it in the #2 slot tho (since the first single has usually held that slotthe last two tours)

• Subscriber

I think they will start the show with Magnificent, but I would like them to start it with No Line 2, I can see Boots being played after Elevation, Vertigo orBeautiful Day (I don't think they will play the three of them, but after what remained of these) Fez could be played as an encore opener, maybe even thesecond, Larry, Adam and Edge on the stage and Bono singing from the backstage "let me in the sound" and then Magnificent. Magnificent could also gowith Streets and City of Blinding Lights somewhere in the middle of the show and Pride could get a rest, but I don't know how this would interphere withBono's political speech, Breathe could be there too.

I still hope they play more than 5 new songs, I like their old stuff, but I'm going to these gigs to listen to the new album live, I don't care whenthey play them, but I want to listen to Moment of Surrender, Unknown Caller, Crazy Tonight and Comedy.

I am happy to name the entire set list wiv ya all:- Magificent, Get on ya Boots, Beautiful Day, breathe, Pride, City of Blinding lights, angel of harlem,desire, one, wild horses, unforgetable fire, sunday bloody sunday, crazy tonight, unknown caller. Encore:- Where the streets have no name, bad, new yearsday,with or without you. Enjoy!!