Unannounced farewell tour?

shoshannah

What does 360 mean--full circle--is this their farewell tour? I can see how they might not want to announce it--no one believes those claims anymore; they(whom ever announced this is their last) always seem to come back within a couple years, making the announcement look like a way to sell tickets, The Eaglesand Led Zepplin being among the exceptions.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what this is what i love about this site.........

a new album comes out = people say it's the end of u2.....

Larry and Bono both say "it can't last forever" = OH MY GOD THEY MUST BE RETIRING

People post "u2 to retire" = mass hysteria from some people on here........

Now 360 tour = this must be the end of them........

Brilliant totally brilliant...........

The tour has not even started yet and u2 are going to pack it all in without playing a note in anger on this tour........I LOVE THIS WEBSITE.

• Subscriber

shoshannah wrote:

What does 360 mean--full circle--is this their farewell tour? I can see how they might not want to announce it--no one believes those claims anymore; they (whom ever announced this is their last) always seem to come back within a couple years, making the announcement look like a way to sell tickets, The Eagles and Led Zepplin being among the exceptions.

I don't think they're thinking that far ahead when they do these tours. I suspect thsi is like how Chris Nolan says, "Oh, I don't know ifI'll make another Batman film" (he and David Goyer outlined the stories for 3 Batman movies when they made Batman Begins). I'd like to thinkthey'd follow the model of what Springsteen said when asked if Magic would be the final E Street tour, when he said something like, "The only wayyou'll know we're done is when you don't see us anymore." Just my thinking, but I'd be VERY surprised if this is U2's swan song (Idoubt they would have signed that LN contract for as long as it lasts if they didn't think they'd still be around in 10 years)

TC
quote:

I don't think they're thinking that far ahead when they do these tours. I suspect thsi is like how Chris Nolan says, "Oh, I don't know if I'll make another Batman film" (he and David Goyer outlined the stories for 3 Batman movies when they made Batman Begins). I'd like to think they'd follow the model of what Springsteen said when asked if Magic would be the final E Street tour, when he said something like, "The only way you'll know we're done is when you don't see us anymore." Just my thinking, but I'd be VERY surprised if this is U2's swan song (I doubt they would have signed that LN contract for as long as it lasts if they didn't think they'd still be around in 10 years)

Good response. Didn't know anything about such a contract. Thank you.

• Subscriber

tacosontheceiling wrote:

I think 360 refers to the shape of the stage
:P

Uh... yeah... what she said. :P

360 = circle=stage.

I'm thinking that the farewell tour will be called The Farewell Tour. Just thinking out loud here. tongue.gif

• Subscriber

tacosontheceiling wrote:

I think 360 refers to the shape of the stage
:P

Uh... yeah... what she said. :P

360 = circle=stage.

I'm thinking that the farewell tour will be called The Farewell Tour. Just thinking out loud here. tongue.gif