Thinking of a song for my dads funeral , MLK??

belbelchic77

My father passed away this morning, he was 71years, although not a U2 fan, but he knew of Bono was the lead singer, i was thinking of having a U2 song played.

I was thinking of MLK, but i cant remember the album it was on?

Can anyone help me, or any other songs that would be good, he wasnt really a music fan though.

Thanks

Belbelchic

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Sorry to hear about your loss. The song depends on you and your family taste, you can check out "Kite" it is on All That You Can't Leave Behind,I love when it says "I know that this is not goodbye".

• Subscriber

My father checked out a few weeks ago, similar age.

MLK sounds a fitting choice if your family will 'Get it'.

But really you should choose a song your Father was into. It's his last gig.

Best wishes to you and your clan.

• Subscriber

Sorry to hear about the loss of your father Belbelchic.

I think MLK is a beautiful choice. A Sort of Homecoming is also a nice choice. But MLK is very appropriate. It's lyrics are beautiful and it isn't along song.

I'm sure that whatever you decide will be fine.

My prayers for you and your family during this difficult time.

• Subscriber

Sorry to hear about the loss of your father Belbelchic.

I think MLK is a beautiful choice. A Sort of Homecoming is also a nice choice. But MLK is very appropriate. It's lyrics are beautiful and it isn't along song.

I'm sure that whatever you decide will be fine.

My prayers for you and your family during this difficult time.

• Subscriber

Sorry to hear of your loss. Of course, as others have said, it depends on your taste, but I would suggest the old gospel song Will The Circle Be Unbroken.There are also a couple of songs by John Denver you might like to check out, Autograph (on his CD of the same name), and On the Wings of a Dream (on his CDIt's About Time). Finally, I might suggest a lovely folk song that was sung at my grandmother's funeral this winter, called Turning Toward the Morning.It's by folksingers Gordon Bok, Anne Mayo Muir, and Ed Trickett, and is on their CD of the same name.

belbelchic77 wrote:

My father passed away this morning, he was 71years, although not a U2 fan, but he knew of Bono was the lead singer, i was thinking of having a U2 song played.

I was thinking of MLK, but i cant remember the album it was on?

Can anyone help me, or any other songs that would be good, he wasnt really a music fan though.

Thanks

Belbelchic

sorry to hear about your loss.

i think 'Where the Streets Have No Name' would be great. "AND WHEN I GO THERE, I'LL GO THERE WITH YOU' Many people believe this song isabout heaven. Hell, the song sounds like heaven. Check it out let us know what you select. My condolences to you and your family.