Thinking of a song for my dads funeral , MLK??

belbelchic77

Thanks to all

My mum in the end decided on 2 songs, Unforgettable, and a Ronan Keating song "this i promise you", i let her listen to MLK and she said it was okay,i just wasnt sure. But the reason i thought of it, because the last few days i spent in hospital with dad, that song was in my head, and i hadnt heard for itfor a while.

I miss him so much, and i cant believe his gone, i know his at peace, and no longer in pain, i just hate the fact that his no longer here with me.

I took 2 weeks off work, so i could be with him, at the hospital.Which i glad i did, I had put in for voluntary redunancy, so i didnt really care about my jobin the end. I'm expecting my first child in September, and i just wished he could have been there to see his first grandchild.

I must sound so selfish, but i thought he would be here forever, he was so strong and a real battler.He had been diagnosed with hodgkins lymphoma in about2004.

Dad wasnt really into music, he would listen to the horse races!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

belbelchic77 wrote:

I must sound so selfish, but i thought he would be here forever, he was so strong and a real battler.He had been diagnosed with hodgkins lymphoma in about 2004.

Dad wasnt really into music, he would listen to the horse races!

My father passed away a year and a half ago. I know

you will always think of him, so he will always be

with you smile.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnBWrTTiw00

• 1 year later...

hi me and my partner have talked what we would want at ours and i think kite would be a good choice im sure something that reminds you of the good times . after all  he would know that the way you keep a person alive is by the memories you have and talking about them to others .so when you hear a song  and it makes you smile even if it makes you smile on the inside because that is where the love is .stay strong and take care my hart goes out to you and your family . bye for now hope you find the one

• Subscriber

bless you x

MLK would be a perfect song for your old man.

(how about though)

i know its for HIS old man, but u2 songs you use them to fit with your life and situations..........

SOMETIMES YOU CAN'T MAKE IT ON YOUR OWN? this i see as a perfect foil to any father who goes.

• Subscriber

My condolences Bell........xxx..Unforgettable Nat King Cole?....that was my Dads at his funeral ..he was a big Nat fan ...beautiful done at funeral ...still cry every time I hear it....xxxxx....stay close to your Mum she needs you more than ever now ...(((((((((hugs)))))))))xxx

So sorry about your loss. some good songs i can think of would be:

1. Miracle Drug-U2 (From How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb)

2. Stop Crying Your Heart Out-Oasis (from Heathen Chemistry)

hope this helps. Your dad is in a better place now! :)

(and MLK is a good song choise, too!) :D

• Subscriber

I'm sorry for your loss. I think what ever you chose will be appreciated greatly.

I think MLK is a great choice, or even Kite and Sometimes you can't make it on your own (which Bono wrote for his own father after he passed away). You may also want to consider using a song that your father liked. It all depends on the sentiment you are going for. If you want it to be from you, from the heart, and your a U2 fan then a U2 song would be a very thoughtful idea.