Where the Streets Have No Name Transitions

JohnWhirl

• Subscriber

Hey all.

Over the past few days I've been listening to some of the band's DVD gigs, and love the songs they choose to blend into "Streets."

From Mexico City, Please into Streets was awesome.

Slane Castle, with All I Want is You into Streets, is even better in my mind (probably because they are 2 of my favorite songs).

But my favorite at the moment (depending on what they do on 360wink.gif) is fromElevation in Boston. Going from Bad to 40 to Streets, with the snippet of Psalm 116. I was blown away by the power of the Spirit I felt from the DVD, letalone what it would have been like being there.

So the question is, what are some of your favorite live transitions either into our out of 'Streets'?

Oh, and did anyone else feel like the song didn't flow in the Vertigo sets? I've watched the DVD from Chicago and listened to a few bootlegs from othershows, and to me it didn't feel like it fit. Thoughts?

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

Great stuff here!

I don't think you could ever go wrong with any song leading into Streets. Streets has to be one of the best live songs ever. From the spine tingling openerto the pogo jumping it's just an incredible live experience.

I guess the All I Want Is You into Streets on the Slane Castle DVD is one probably one of my favorites, if I have to pick one. The energy is incredible.

• Subscriber

Great stuff here!

I don't think you could ever go wrong with any song leading into Streets. Streets has to be one of the best live songs ever. From the spine tingling openerto the pogo jumping it's just an incredible live experience.

I guess the All I Want Is You into Streets on the Slane Castle DVD is one probably one of my favorites, if I have to pick one. The energy is incredible.

• Subscriber

The Boston gig is my all-time favourite, I think because it was on my birthday in '01 and I was really moved by the fact that Bono took an attitude ofprayer to the nation in the middle of the NBA playoffs.

But, the Please/Streets segue does give me goosebumps (Please is my fave song from the whole 90's decade!)

As for Vertigo, I have to disagree that the segue from Pride to Streets didn't work.... but some nights were better - more poignant -- than others. I thinkmy favourite is from Anaheim, when Bono talks about MLK's dream being expanded to remind us that "everyone IS equal under the eyes of God."