No opening night tickets for Spiderman

oils21

• Subscriber

For a while now, ticketmaster has listed that tickets for opening night of Spiderman on February 18 would go onsale to amex holders today at 9:00am EDT. Itried to get tickets at 9:00am and the ticket order form never went onsale. I called the theater and they informed me that tickets for opening night are notbeing put onsale. That's cool but why does ticketmaster have a link to "buy tickets" for this night when they never intended to sell it in thefirst place.

Anyway just throwing it out there in case anyone is trying. I wish the lack of sale was made clear from the beginning. Of course, as with everything U2related, where there is a will, there will be a way to get into the opening night.

• Subscriber

Why is this not the right place for the OP's post?????

I sorta agree with the OP's point, but I knew about it a week ago when the "presale" was opened to u2.com members. Sadly, you had to both be amember of u2.com (I am) AND an Amex cardholder (I am not) to complete the purchase. And just to be clear, opening night tickets weren't available theneither. Looks like it's private invite only.