Jump to content

I went to Bono's house and........


livermax
 Share

Recommended Posts

I was in Ireland last week and decided to pay a visit to Bono's house..... after a long walk and a bit of a climb - we finally turned around a corner andjust as we did - the electronic gates opened up and out drove his daughter!! How cool, anyway I thought it was cool until my mate told me that she looked atus and rolled her eyes! Yeah I know they are probably sick of fans hanging outside the gates but hey what dya expect if you are the daughter of a famousrockstar!! So if you are reading this Bono (lol happy.gif ), please remind yourkids that it's the fans who have given them the luxury lifestyle that they have, and if any U2 fan is thinking bout visiting the famous house - be preparedfor seeing nothing lol, all you can see is the gates with lyrics written on them happy.gif, gorgeous town where he lives though, the locals were really helpful and friendly

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

livermax wrote:

I was in Ireland last week and decided to pay a visit to Bono's house..... after a long walk and a bit of a climb - we finally turned around a corner and just as we did - the electronic gates opened up and out drove his daughter!! How cool, anyway I thought it was cool until my mate told me that she looked at us and rolled her eyes! Yeah I know they are probably sick of fans hanging outside the gates but hey what dya expect if you are the daughter of a famous rockstar!! So if you are reading this Bono (lol
happy.gif
), please remind your kids that it's the fans who have given them the luxury lifestyle that they have, and if any U2 fan is thinking bout visiting the famous house - be prepared for seeing nothing lol, all you can see is the gates with lyrics written on them
happy.gif
, gorgeous town where he lives though, the locals were really helpful and friendly

 

Oh wow, so that automatically negates their privacy? Nice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Who said anything about negating their privacy?!! They are protected by big electronic gates ffs!!! It's not as if I was hanging around his bloody housefor hours! Welcome to the rockstar lifestyle - these things happen, oh and fyi - he does actually live on a public road so I can stand where I want and infact - if I wanted to stand there for 24 hours - I would be entitled to do so, are you jealous because you are in the states and have possibly no chance ofgoing there? Or are you just being damn right petty? If I plough about £10000 into a Rock groups coffers and I travel 500 miles to see their house - then Iwould not expect a reaction of a rolling of the eyes - at the end of the day - I wasnt doing any harm whatsoever, it's not as if I was jumping up and downsinging for Bono at the top of my voice!!! I am not that mad! You like being different/controversial don't you? Hence Captain Beefheart (Safe as milk -boss album) roll.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber

prksoda00
wrote:

livermax
wrote:

I was in Ireland last week and decided to pay a visit to Bono's house..... after a long walk and a bit of a climb - we finally turned around a corner and just as we did - the electronic gates opened up and out drove his daughter!! How cool, anyway I thought it was cool until my mate told me that she looked at us and rolled her eyes! Yeah I know they are probably sick of fans hanging outside the gates but hey what dya expect if you are the daughter of a famous rockstar!! So if you are reading this Bono (lol
image
), please remind your kids that it's the fans who have given them the luxury lifestyle that they have, and if any U2 fan is thinking bout visiting the famous house - be prepared for seeing nothing lol, all you can see is the gates with lyrics written on them
image
, gorgeous town where he lives though, the locals were really helpful and friendly

 

Oh wow, so that automatically negates their privacy? Nice.

 

Gotta agree with Prksoda. It isn't about being different or controversial. Well, I guess it is about being different, considering the idea of havingdiffering opinions. You're right it is a public road, however, I think it was your comments that suggested because his daughter has a famous rockstarfather that she shouldn't be bothered by fans hanging around outside of their home. And then to suggest to Bono should tell his children that because fansbought their music that they are somehow entitled to hang outside of their private home should be tolerated, is just a bit much and what I have to disagreewith. Also, Bono is the one who is the celebrity, not his children and they are entitled to their privacy and to not like having fans hanging outside of thehome in which they live.

I'm sure you didn't mean any harm by any of it. But, it's the comments/opinions you shared on the matter that I disagree with.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber

prksoda00
wrote:

livermax
wrote:

I was in Ireland last week and decided to pay a visit to Bono's house..... after a long walk and a bit of a climb - we finally turned around a corner and just as we did - the electronic gates opened up and out drove his daughter!! How cool, anyway I thought it was cool until my mate told me that she looked at us and rolled her eyes! Yeah I know they are probably sick of fans hanging outside the gates but hey what dya expect if you are the daughter of a famous rockstar!! So if you are reading this Bono (lol
image
), please remind your kids that it's the fans who have given them the luxury lifestyle that they have, and if any U2 fan is thinking bout visiting the famous house - be prepared for seeing nothing lol, all you can see is the gates with lyrics written on them
image
, gorgeous town where he lives though, the locals were really helpful and friendly

 

Oh wow, so that automatically negates their privacy? Nice.

 

Gotta agree with Prksoda. It isn't about being different or controversial. Well, I guess it is about being different, considering the idea of havingdiffering opinions. You're right it is a public road, however, I think it was your comments that suggested because his daughter has a famous rockstarfather that she shouldn't be bothered by fans hanging around outside of their home. And then to suggest to Bono should tell his children that because fansbought their music that they are somehow entitled to hang outside of their private home should be tolerated, is just a bit much and what I have to disagreewith. Also, Bono is the one who is the celebrity, not his children and they are entitled to their privacy and to not like having fans hanging outside of thehome in which they live.

I'm sure you didn't mean any harm by any of it. But, it's the comments/opinions you shared on the matter that I disagree with.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber

prksoda00 wrote:

livermax wrote:

I was in Ireland last week and decided to pay a visit to Bono's house..... after a long walk and a bit of a climb - we finally turned around a corner and just as we did - the electronic gates opened up and out drove his daughter!! How cool, anyway I thought it was cool until my mate told me that she looked at us and rolled her eyes! Yeah I know they are probably sick of fans hanging outside the gates but hey what dya expect if you are the daughter of a famous rockstar!! So if you are reading this Bono (lol
image
), please remind your kids that it's the fans who have given them the luxury lifestyle that they have, and if any U2 fan is thinking bout visiting the famous house - be prepared for seeing nothing lol, all you can see is the gates with lyrics written on them
image
, gorgeous town where he lives though, the locals were really helpful and friendly

 

Oh wow, so that automatically negates their privacy? Nice.

 

Gotta agree with Prksoda. It isn't about being different or controversial. Well, I guess it is about being different, considering the idea of havingdiffering opinions. You're right it is a public road, however, I think it was your comments that suggested because his daughter has a famous rockstarfather that she shouldn't be bothered by fans hanging around outside of their home. And then to suggest that Bono should tell his children that becausefans bought their music that they are somehow entitled to hang outside of their private home should be tolerated, is just a bit much and what I have todisagree with. Also, Bono is the one who is the celebrity, not his children and they are entitled to their privacy and to not like having fans hangingaround outside of the home in which they live.

I'm sure you didn't mean any harm by any of it. But, it's the comments/opinions you shared on the matter that I disagree with.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber

prksoda00 wrote:

livermax wrote:

I was in Ireland last week and decided to pay a visit to Bono's house..... after a long walk and a bit of a climb - we finally turned around a corner and just as we did - the electronic gates opened up and out drove his daughter!! How cool, anyway I thought it was cool until my mate told me that she looked at us and rolled her eyes! Yeah I know they are probably sick of fans hanging outside the gates but hey what dya expect if you are the daughter of a famous rockstar!! So if you are reading this Bono (lol
image
), please remind your kids that it's the fans who have given them the luxury lifestyle that they have, and if any U2 fan is thinking bout visiting the famous house - be prepared for seeing nothing lol, all you can see is the gates with lyrics written on them
image
, gorgeous town where he lives though, the locals were really helpful and friendly

 

Oh wow, so that automatically negates their privacy? Nice.

 

Gotta agree with Prksoda. It isn't about being different or controversial. Well, I guess it is about being different, considering the idea of havingdiffering opinions. You're right it is a public road, however, I think it was your comments that suggested because his daughter has a famous rockstarfather that she shouldn't be bothered by fans hanging around outside of their home. And then to suggest that Bono should tell his children that becausefans bought their music that they are somehow entitled to hang outside of their private home should be tolerated, is just a bit much and what I have todisagree with. Also, Bono is the one who is the celebrity, not his children and they are entitled to their privacy and to not like having fans hangingaround outside of the home in which they live.

I'm sure you didn't mean any harm by any of it. But, it's the comments/opinions you shared on the matter that I disagree with.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

it's a tough draw, folks. On the one hand, we all want to see the band, and it stands to reason that if you happen to be on a public road near anyparticular house, you'll get to see someone...however, those who live in the house are also perfectly entitled to expect not to be bothered by us fans!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber

"Those who live in the house are also perfectly entitled to expect not to be bothered by us fans!"

 

Sorry, but no one really is "entitled." But, it's not as though anyone violated their property; nor were there 50 people with cameras.

 

We're talking a couple of fans walking down the street. The reality is there is a price to pay for fame and fortune. And, I have no problem with a fanchecking out somebody's place from a public area. Even if Bono had been at home and had come out I doubt those two would have mauled the guy. They wouldhave said, "hey, great to meet you" and moved on. I have neighbors who stand on my street every day right near my house and we say "hi" andmove on. I have no fence; they can see what I'm doing in my yard, driveway, etc. every day - and they do. And, their friends do as well. It's life.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Subscriber

YoungmanU2
wrote:

"Those who live in the house are also perfectly entitled to expect not to be bothered by us fans!"

 

Sorry, but no one really is "entitled." But, it's not as though anyone violated their property; nor were there 50 people with cameras.

 

We're talking a couple of fans walking down the street. The reality is there is a price to pay for fame and fortune. And, I have no problem with a fan checking out somebody's place from a public area. Even if Bono had been at home and had come out I doubt those two would have mauled the guy. They would have said, "hey, great to meet you" and moved on. I have neighbors who stand on my street every day right near my house and we say "hi" and move on. I have no fence; they can see what I'm doing in my yard, driveway, etc. every day - and they do. And, their friends do as well. It's life.

 

Price to pay for fame and fortune? The price to pay for fame and fortune applies to the celebrity, but their children are not celebrities. They have everyright to be bothered and express said annoyance at fans congregating outside the home where they live.

 

Neighbors saying "hi" is quite different than total strangers standing outside your home hoping to catch a peak of their favorite celebrity. Howwould you feel if total strangers were standing outside your home? You'd feel a bit differently if it were you and your family, I'm sure.

 

If I'm not mistaken, Bono has expressed in the past that he will not talk to fans outside of his home. Why should he? Bono and U2 make every effort togreet the fans at public appearances. Why should any of them have to make this concession at their private homes? They shouldn't. Privacy should berespected. It is not the right of the fan to try and meet them at their private residences.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...