Go Crazy the next single

interu2005

• Subscriber

Panth wrote:

ceallach67 wrote:

Panth wrote:

ceallach67 wrote:

As far as AB is concerned, I loved the album on first listen. NLOTH... eh... not so much.

Which is funny because I had a hard time getting into AB on the first listen, but loved No Line immediately.

Now they are both my favorites.

That is funny. I guess I loved AB because it was so different than JT and R & H. It had an unexpected edge (pardon the pun).

No Line has grown on me though there are still some songs I skip over. I'm excited about hearing the new songs live and I'm sure that'll pump up my love for the new album. Live has always been where it's at for me with U2. They excel live and I would have to say, imo, they are one of the best live acts ever.
It only took probably a week for me to get Achtung, mostly the Fly, and THEN the rest of the album, but Zooropa was easy to get into.

No Line I liked immediately, even though I skip White as Snow. I agree that they are great live though, I think they're better live honestly.

I hate Jersey but am a Springsteen and Bon Jovi fan. What's that say about me?

Hahaha... I hate Jersey too and I live here. :P.

Totally agree about Zooropa, loved that album from the first listen. U2 is defintely better live above all else. There are quite a few songs that Ididn't fully appreciate until I heard them performed live.

And I'm happy to report I heard the new single on the radio yesterday. I also heard Gloria and that was a pleasant surprise.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Panth wrote:

ceallach67 wrote:

Panth wrote:

ceallach67 wrote:

As far as AB is concerned, I loved the album on first listen. NLOTH... eh... not so much.

Which is funny because I had a hard time getting into AB on the first listen, but loved No Line immediately.

Now they are both my favorites.

That is funny. I guess I loved AB because it was so different than JT and R & H. It had an unexpected edge (pardon the pun).

No Line has grown on me though there are still some songs I skip over. I'm excited about hearing the new songs live and I'm sure that'll pump up my love for the new album. Live has always been where it's at for me with U2. They excel live and I would have to say, imo, they are one of the best live acts ever.
It only took probably a week for me to get Achtung, mostly the Fly, and THEN the rest of the album, but Zooropa was easy to get into.

No Line I liked immediately, even though I skip White as Snow. I agree that they are great live though, I think they're better live honestly.

I hate Jersey but am a Springsteen and Bon Jovi fan. What's that say about me?

Hahaha... I hate Jersey too and I live here. :P.

Totally agree about Zooropa, loved that album from the first listen. U2 is defintely better live above all else. There are quite a few songs that Ididn't fully appreciate until I heard them performed live.

And I'm happy to report I heard the new single on the radio yesterday. I also heard Gloria and that was a pleasant surprise.

You just can't compare Springsteen to U2, and it's not merely a "subjective" thing - it can be proven.

How many smash hits has Springsteen had?

How many have U2 had?

How many Springsteen songs can your average person rattle off the top of his head?

How many U2 songs can your average person rattle off the top of his head?

• Subscriber

sad eyes wrote:

You just can't compare Springsteen to U2, and it's not merely a "subjective" thing - it can be proven.

How many have U2 had?

How many Springsteen songs can your average person rattle off the top of his head?

Where do you come up with this stuff? It reads like you guys actually feel threatened by the mere idea that Springsteen could be as popular an artist as U2.

Your claim isn't subjective? How do you figure? Without doing the actual polling of so called "average" people as proof to back up your claim, what you said is nothing but subjective.
Your assignment is to go out and actually poll average people on video to prove and support your claim and then post it here. Then we can all review the results and come to a conclusion.

Edited because I really, really need to learn to proof-read and hit spell check before I hit submit tongue.gif

• Subscriber

sad eyes wrote:

How many have U2 had?

Where do you come up with this stuff? It reads like you guys actually feel threatened by the mere idea that Springsteen could be as popular an artist as U2.

Your claim isn't subjective? How do you figure? Without doing the actual polling of so called "average" people as proof to back up your claim, what you said is nothing but subjective.
Your assignment is to go out and actually poll average people on video to prove and support your claim and then post it here. Then we can all review the results and come to a conclusion.

Edited because I really, really need to learn to proof-read and hit spell check before I hit submit tongue.gif

Only on the East Coast (Northeast) is Bruce as big as U2...in other area's of the country, and around the world, they are not at the same level

Really not threatened...just reality...as much as I respect "The Bruce"....

Can anyone name a member of the "Eaststreet Band"???? (probably not, this proves our point)

Cheers from the West Coast!!

• Subscriber

Saying Springsteen is only big on the East Coast is as ridiculous as saying U2 is only big in Ireland.

And just some members of the E STREET BAND off the top of my head; The mighty Clarence Clemons on sax, Max Weinburg on drums, Nils Lofgren, Patti Scailfa andSteven Van Zandt.

You know... just because you don't know something doesn't mean the rest of the world doesn't. You aren't the barometer of all knowledge. Knowwhat I'm saying?

• Subscriber

Saying Springsteen is only big on the East Coast is as ridiculous as saying U2 is only big in Ireland.

And just some members of the E STREET BAND off the top of my head; The mighty Clarence Clemons on sax, Max Weinburg on drums, Nils Lofgren, Patti Scailfa andSteven Van Zandt.

You know... just because you don't know something doesn't mean the rest of the world doesn't. You aren't the barometer of all knowledge. Knowwhat I'm saying?

• Subscriber
A little comparison for the fun of it;
U2 has had 22 Grammys while Springsteen has only had a "paltry" 19. Though he also has 2 Golden Globes and an Academy award to U2's one Golden Globe. For now. I truly see U2 or at least Bono and Edge writing more and more for other projects in the future. I'm also wondering how they'll do with writing the music for the Broadway musical Spiderman. How cool would it be for them to add a Tony to their collection of awards? A nice little feather in their already heavily awarded cap. :P
U2 has had 2 #1 singles, while Springsteen hasn't had any #1's. The closest he came was #2 with Dancing In The Dark.
On the flipside; Springsteen has had 7 #1 Albums, 1 #2, and 4 #3. I can only count 5 #1 Albums from U2 (but that's off the top of my head and I could be wrong here) and a couple of them only debuted at #1 but then fell fast off the charts after (Pop, NLOTH) and I'm not certain how long Springsteen's stayed in the #1 position either.
Springsteen was inducted in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1999 by none other than... Bono. He was also inducted into the Songwriter Hall Of Fame in 1999 as well.
U2 was inducted in the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame in 2005 by... Springsteen.
How cute is that? Both speeches given about the other were wonderfully written and delivered.
There's a healthy respect between these artists for one another. Bono loved Springsteen from afar in the 70s when he was younger and then hearing about this new band out of Ireland, Springsteen personally attended U2 gigs when U2 was just coming up and playing small clubs. And they've been supporters of each other and by their admission; friends ever since. Great pics here:
u2_strip3b_ab_y.jpg
10440004_72f1e0ef2d_o.jpg
I just love those old pictures. :P
U2 and Springsteen have been showing up and playing at each others gigs for years. Love the version of Stand By Me done in Philly on the JT tour. Look it up on YouTube if you've never seen it. Great performance. We Philly fans were treated to another appearance of Springsteen on the Vertigo Tour in October showing up with his wife Patti Scailfa for an awesome performance of People Get Ready. From our show:
54450632_2fa4a77538.jpg?v=0
54450093_7bde012ee4.jpg?v=0
I really don't know actual numbers of sold out tours and such but I'd bet it's pretty comparable.
Just seeing a whole lot of even-ness here. Maybe I'm missing something?