Go Crazy the next single

interu2005

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are rumors that several radio stations have stopped playing U2's new singles, because Bono is claiming that the stations aren't paying artists onair royalties....which they should be. Bono is saying that it won't affect U2 as much, but it will affect lesser known bands. That's one way bandspayback the record labels for their recording contracts.

• Subscriber

i like it it's a good tune, just hope that they have a proper CD single this time, i'd ne great if they included some 'live' tracks from thefirst couple of shows as b-sides 'electrical storm (live)' would be terific :)

I can't stand Crazy Tonight - I think it lets the whole album down. It sounds like some cliche theme song to an America tele-movie or even worse, somethingevangelical that the likes of Hillsong record. It just makes me cringe whenever I hear it. Edge's little folk-like solo in the middle is quite catchy, butit's not enough to save this song for me.

In recent years the singles U2 have put out haven't often been worth the money - they rarely have any decent b-sides any more or have terrible remixes onthem - the ones I look for are those with live cuts from the tour - but sometimes they can even be a bit hit an miss.

I don't want to hear excuses from Bono as to why their new material isn't getting played on radio. Just in this last week I've heard U2 singlesfrom earlier this decade, the 90s and 80s played on radio. U2's new songs aren't getting airplay because people just aren't interested in them,simple as that. The interest in the album has been underwhelming (if you look at sales figures anyway) - who knows maybe people have just stolen it off thenet. I'm not sure how much Universal Music is also to blame for not investing in the promotion of the album or singles, but maybe they think it's notworth their time/money to flog a dud?

While all the songs on NLOTH sound pretty good, it's much more difficult to connect with or be inspired by these lyrics (because they largely run Christianthemes and ideas that many don't get). And sadly, a lot of it just sounds like they've rehashed/ reworked old material in order to make this album.NLOTH just hasn't captured a lot of peoples' imaginations or made them stand up (excuse the pun) and take notice the way previous album have. As a 22year long fan of the band, I've found the whole situation disappointing. I was really wanting U2 to blow everyone away with the "Achtung Baby onsteroids" that Bono was promising. I talked the album up to all my friends before it was released and sadly for me, the album hasn't delivered what Iwas anticipating or what Bono was indicating, and my friends all think it sux.

It seems U2 have definitely got the kick ass stadium show without the space-age material to compliment it. Why aren't they playing more of theirexperimental 90s material to complient some of the new stuff and this stage? Where's EBTTRT, HMTMKMKM and Discotheuqe? Whilst the 360 degree tour looksawesome, the setlist for the first few shows has been really bland - although I was happy to see Electrical Storm make its debut (now they've just got tofigure out how to play it better)!

I'm hoping they can up the ante with the next album - enough of this "safe" business. They need to push the envelope further and step out oftheir comfort zone again. Perhaps do what Radiohead have done and just produce their own material, not worry about commercial success so much, create sometruly inspiring and experimental music and start playing select festivals to get more grass roots interest again.