Go Crazy the next single

interu2005

Fortitude...you really need to stop and smell the roses buddy. I think it might be time to turn in your U2 fan card, and get off of our website.

We love the new album

The Fans

PS...Edges guitar at the end of Crazy tonight is the happiest point on the album!!

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one of the worst songs on the album

so far 2 of the first 3 have been pretty poor

Magnificent is by far the strongest of the three, and I was sure it would have been a massive hit, but it seems like it hasn't really sparked any massiveinterest from the general public

i'm not saying Crazy won't necessarily be a hit, but it does nothing for me, too much of a bland american radio friendly song. Prior to the album'srelease, the track was described by some journalist as a Phil Spectorish song. I was unbelivably excited at the prospect of U2 doing a Phil Spector, but when Iheard it I was like, uh?

Boots, Crazy and Stand Up are the three songs I always skip

I don't think there are many singles left on the album. Breathe and Fez are two of the best tracks they recorded in over 15 years but they're notexactly singles. Moment is great but then again not as a signle

I can see them releasing Stand Up, which in my eyes is like Diet Led Zeppelin at best with Bono doing a lame rap over it

I wouldn't be surprised if they release Breathe though

the bside version of no line would have been a really good single

the order and selection of songs as singles has been pretty poor

Magnificent should definitely have been first single

Agreed. The album is pretty poor overall considering it took nearly 5 years to write.

Magnificent, No Line & Moment of Surrender are great songs, leaving nothing else on the album of note.

The hysterical critics' reaction on its release is vastly over-generous to a record that can't hold a candle to Achtung Baby, Joshua Tree or Pop.

Scott Montes wrote:

Fortitude...you really need to stop and smell the roses buddy. I think it might be time to turn in your U2 fan card, and get off of our website.

We love the new album

The Fans

PS...Edges guitar at the end of Crazy tonight is the happiest point on the album!!

Yes, well it seems there are many sheep who think the band are above any criticism and others who arrogantly think they own this website, speak on behalf ofevery fan and dictate who can be part of the crowd here.

I will continue to be a fan of U2 regardless of your suggestion Mr Montes. It doesn't mean however, that I have to like everything the band does and Ithink I owe it to them (given my longevity as a fan) to let them know what I think via this forum. You will find that there have been many others on thiswebsite expressing similar reservations as I have. (And don't go around thinking that the gist of our comments aren't relayed back to the band interms of general feedback because they are - that's why they've had a crack at Electrical Storm on this tour).

Peace.

Scott Montes wrote:

We love the new album

The Fans

Okay.... because he/she dislikes something you like, they are no longer a fan? Off "our site?"

They actually put up a very reasonable post explaining their position. You sound like a spoiled American (I know how to spot them, I live here).

Go listen to "Sheep" off Floyd's Animals album will ya?

prksoda00 wrote:

Scott Montes wrote:

We love the new album

The Fans

Okay.... because he/she dislikes something you like, they are no longer a fan? Off "our site?"

They actually put up a very reasonable post explaining their position. You sound like a spoiled American (I know how to spot them, I live here).

You are all so wrong here....

This is MY website now bugger off.........tongue.gif

As for the album as a whole i love it...

for people who are saying "well it's no JT or AB" yeah you're right it's no it's No Line On The Horizon

basher1 wrote:

prksoda00 wrote:

Scott Montes wrote:

We love the new album

The Fans

This is MY website now bugger off.........
tongue.gif

for people who are saying "well it's no JT or AB" yeah you're right it's no it's No Line On The Horizon

Oh god, wait till Basher tries to edit the source code....run everyone....run!

• Subscriber

basher1 wrote:

prksoda00 wrote:

Scott Montes wrote:

We love the new album

The Fans

This is MY website now bugger off.........
tongue.gif

well, bugger off, you bastards, bugger off

well, bugger off, you bastards, bugger off

you're like a herd of bloody swine that refuse to leave the trough

you'll get no more this evening so you better bugger off

you've been a splendid audience but aye your time has passed

so don't you all be letting that door hit you in the ass

you've been a splendid audience but oh enough is enough

we'd take it very kindly if you'd all just bugger off