Go Crazy the next single

interu2005

• Subscriber

bflorendo
wrote:

There are rumors that several radio stations have stopped playing U2's new singles, because Bono is claiming that the stations aren't paying artists on air royalties....which they should be. Bono is saying that it won't affect U2 as much, but it will affect lesser known bands. That's one way bands payback the record labels for their recording contracts.

I don't agree with Bono's stand on this at all. Radio stations should not have to pay more royalties to play a song for any artist. The radio stationis your biggest friend and ally in getting your music out there. They already pay a fee to play songs, why should they have to pay more? I can tell you thatradio stations do not want to have to pay more to play an artists songs. Why should they? They are the means to get your music played. Pissing off radiostations not a good move. While I agree that new artists deserve better deals from a blood thirsty industry that really isn't out to serve the newartists' best interest, but their own, this really step isn't the way to handle it. There are solutions out there, independent and smaller recordlabels for one, but demanding more pay from a radio station to play their music is not one. And... picture this... you're a new band, who the hell areyou to demand more money from radio stations to play your music? Like I said, pissing off radio stations at this point in the career you hope to have is notthe way to accomplish things. You can bet your ass radio stations will be and are bucking this.

I do believe what I'd read that the radio stations "boycotted" U2's music because of Bono's stance on this matter. Considering howlittle I've heard them play U2's new stuff, while they remain playing the old stuff regularly, I'm inclined to believe this is what happened.

To answer the question; in light of the situation, I don't think it matters what song U2 releases at this point. But, as far as radio hits go, Crazyisn't a bad choice.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

bflorendo
wrote:

There are rumors that several radio stations have stopped playing U2's new singles, because Bono is claiming that the stations aren't paying artists on air royalties....which they should be. Bono is saying that it won't affect U2 as much, but it will affect lesser known bands. That's one way bands payback the record labels for their recording contracts.

I don't agree with Bono's stand on this at all. Radio stations should not have to pay more royalties to play a song for any artist. The radio stationis your biggest friend and ally in getting your music out there. They already pay a fee to play songs, why should they have to pay more? I can tell you thatradio stations do not want to have to pay more to play an artists songs. Why should they? They are the means to get your music played. Pissing off radiostations not a good move. While I agree that new artists deserve better deals from a blood thirsty industry that really isn't out to serve the newartists' best interest, but their own, this really step isn't the way to handle it. There are solutions out there, independent and smaller recordlabels for one, but demanding more pay from a radio station to play their music is not one. And... picture this... you're a new band, who the hell areyou to demand more money from radio stations to play your music? Like I said, pissing off radio stations at this point in the career you hope to have is notthe way to accomplish things. You can bet your ass radio stations will be and are bucking this.

I do believe what I'd read that the radio stations "boycotted" U2's music because of Bono's stance on this matter. Considering howlittle I've heard them play U2's new stuff, while they remain playing the old stuff regularly, I'm inclined to believe this is what happened.

To answer the question; in light of the situation, I don't think it matters what song U2 releases at this point. But, as far as radio hits go, Crazyisn't a bad choice.

• Subscriber

bflorendo wrote:

It's rumored that radio stations have stopped playing U2's new songs, they (radio stations) haven't been paying for on-air play.

Wrong! Magnificent has quite an extensive air-play here.

• Subscriber

joshthetree wrote:

i like it it's a good tune, just hope that they have a proper CD single this time, i'd ne great if they included some 'live' tracks from the first couple of shows as b-sides 'electrical storm (live)' would be terific
:)

I JustCan't Wait For CDSingle 2 / 3 track & 7 " of Course !

Just can't stop to Listen to THIS AmazinG Remix (360° Paris Showsembarassed.gif)

banana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif

• Subscriber

Scott Montes wrote:

Fortitude...you really need to stop and smell the roses buddy. I think it might be time to turn in your U2 fan card, and get off of our website.
LMAO... I just love when people post stupid crap llike this. Because you don't like the new album, you can't be a fan anymore. Hahahahahahahahahahahaha! Funny, really.

We love the new album

The Fans

Nice of you to try and speak for all of us. Sorry, I'm not in agreement. Not by a long shot.

Sign me one of the fans who likes to think for themselves.

PS...Edges guitar at the end of Crazy tonight is the happiest point on the album!!

Wouldn't say it's the happiest, but it's not bad. Musically I love this album. I'm not crazy about much of Bono's lyrics or his vocals. To me that is the weakest part of it. Some very strong points muscially here. Especially in the bass/drums arena. Edge has some absolutely brilliant moments.

• Subscriber

Scott Montes wrote:

Fortitude...you really need to stop and smell the roses buddy. I think it might be time to turn in your U2 fan card, and get off of our website.
LMAO... I just love when people post stupid crap llike this. Because you don't like the new album, you can't be a fan anymore. Hahahahahahahahahahahaha! Funny, really.

We love the new album

The Fans

Nice of you to try and speak for all of us. Sorry, I'm not in agreement. Not by a long shot.

Sign me one of the fans who likes to think for themselves.

PS...Edges guitar at the end of Crazy tonight is the happiest point on the album!!

Wouldn't say it's the happiest, but it's not bad. Musically I love this album. I'm not crazy about much of Bono's lyrics or his vocals. To me that is the weakest part of it. Some very strong points muscially here. Especially in the bass/drums arena. Edge has some absolutely brilliant moments.

• Subscriber

Kristaps wrote:

bflorendo wrote:

It's rumored that radio stations have stopped playing U2's new songs, they (radio stations) haven't been paying for on-air play.

Sorry, Kris, none of U2's new singles are getting air play here. The old stuff is, but none of the new is being played in regular rotation, if at all.

• Subscriber

Kristaps wrote:

bflorendo wrote:

Sorry, Kris, none of U2's new singles are getting air play here. The old stuff is, but none of the new is being played in regular rotation, if at all.

• Subscriber

ceallach67 wrote:

Kristaps wrote:

bflorendo wrote:

Move to Europe! :D

• Subscriber

I don't really know 'cause I never listen to the radio since a few years ago, but there has consistently been a rumour about U2 being excluded frommajor radio lists for having signed a document in favour of getting royalties out of radio airings, I understand it doesn't involve all the radio stationsbut the great corporate stations within the industry. I don't think it is unbeliebable, it's been made many times previously to other artists and itcould explain why they have moved from the number 1 to disappearance, which is quite strange by the way.

One friend of mine asked the main station here why they didn't air U2 new singles and the answer was that they are not interested in the sort of publicthat listens to U2, so maybe it's not U2 who are not interesting anymore, it is us. Any opinion?