Go Crazy the next single

interu2005

• Subscriber

Scott Montes wrote:

I am pretty sure I speak for a lot of people on this website who are sick and tired of the "negativity" that so called fans bring to this site. I swear you people make yourselves feel better about your lives by putting others down, and being overly critical of the new sound. I also remember the same type of criticisim when "Actung Baby" was released...I was tired of it then...I am tired of it now! (Because I can hear how cool the new album is!!)

The boys are 50...they are still making relevant cool music...stop and smell the roses...and REJOICE in the greatest band of all time!!! (they will never be what they were at 20 or 30, we all should know this. But what they are doing is still beautiful, and very cool!!) There are many great moments in "Crazy Tonight"

PS...What the heck does our Nationality have to do with this discussion?? For gods sake we are One World , "One Love...Sisters....Brothers!!"

I'm sure people are pretty sick and tired of being told how they should think and/or feel about U2 or being told that they aren't fans because theyhappen to have a different opinion, too. Yeah, we are all U2 fans, but that doesn't mean we have to love everything they do. Why is expressing adifferent opinion viewed as negativity? It's just an opinion. Want to quote One? How about the bit about "we're one but we're not thesame?" Remember that bit of it?

I won't ask you to justify your opinion as to why you like something about U2. I'm okay with liking things that others don't like. I don'tchallenge others because they like a song or whatever else, why shouldn't the opposite be practiced?

The insults toward people about their lives or whatever, simply because their opinion differs from yours, is completely uncalled for. People have differentopinions, so what? Ultimately we are all here because we love U2. Let's be happy with that and leave it alone.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Scott Montes wrote:

I am pretty sure I speak for a lot of people on this website who are sick and tired of the "negativity" that so called fans bring to this site. I swear you people make yourselves feel better about your lives by putting others down, and being overly critical of the new sound. I also remember the same type of criticisim when "Actung Baby" was released...I was tired of it then...I am tired of it now! (Because I can hear how cool the new album is!!)

The boys are 50...they are still making relevant cool music...stop and smell the roses...and REJOICE in the greatest band of all time!!! (they will never be what they were at 20 or 30, we all should know this. But what they are doing is still beautiful, and very cool!!) There are many great moments in "Crazy Tonight"

PS...What the heck does our Nationality have to do with this discussion?? For gods sake we are One World , "One Love...Sisters....Brothers!!"

I'm sure people are pretty sick and tired of being told how they should think and/or feel about U2 or being told that they aren't fans because theyhappen to have a different opinion, too. Yeah, we are all U2 fans, but that doesn't mean we have to love everything they do. Why is expressing adifferent opinion viewed as negativity? It's just an opinion. Want to quote One? How about the bit about "we're one but we're not thesame?" Remember that bit of it?

I won't ask you to justify your opinion as to why you like something about U2. I'm okay with liking things that others don't like. I don'tchallenge others because they like a song or whatever else, why shouldn't the opposite be practiced?

The insults toward people about their lives or whatever, simply because their opinion differs from yours, is completely uncalled for. People have differentopinions, so what? Ultimately we are all here because we love U2. Let's be happy with that and leave it alone.

1) The "One" reference was for whomever brought up the "American" comment. It had nothing to do with our discussion about "CrazyTonight" and the new album.

2) Please show me where I have insulted anyone?? tongue02.gifDidn't happen. If your on this site bashing the band, you should turn in your "fan card".

3) This site is about rejoicing in U2. It is about the fans. Its not about being critical. And yes, this discussion has gotten "Negative" about"Crazy Tonight". It is our right to defend the band!!

As Bono sings in Boots...."You just don't get it do you??"tongue02.gif

• Subscriber

Scott Montes wrote:

1) The "One" reference was for whomever brought up the "American" comment. It had nothing to do with our discussion about "Crazy Tonight" and the new album.

Okay but it worked really well for my point. Guess you didn't pick up on that whole "one but not the same" point I was trying to make.

2) Please show me where I have insulted anyone??
tongue02.gif
Didn't happen. If your on this site bashing the band, you should turn in your "fan card".

Yeah, I'll go with that but I'll take it a step further and say people who are truly bashing the band likely aren't fans to begin with and don't have a "fan card" to turn in. Incidentially, making comments in as much as not liking the new album or a song or whatever, isn't bashing. It's called stating an opinion. Just for the record.

And about the insult? You said this...

"
I swear you people make yourselves feel better about your lives by putting others down
"

That reads like an insult to me. Perhaps I misunderstood your intention. So you meant that as a compliment then?

3) This site is about rejoicing in U2. It is about the fans. Its not about being critical. And yes, this discussion has gotten "Negative" about "Crazy Tonight". It is our right to defend the band!!

This is a fan site MESSAGE BOARD. It's for fans to express their opinions about their favorite band and discuss said opinion with other fans. That's it.

As Bono sings in Boots...."You just don't get it do you??"
tongue02.gif

No, if "getting it" is following your mentality, then your right; I don't and never will. I happen to believe people should be able to express any opinion they have about U2 or anything else for that matter. I don't believe that just because you are a fan means you can't express not liking something. So if "getting it" means otherwise, you right, I don't and I hope I never do.

• Subscriber

Scott Montes wrote:

1) The "One" reference was for whomever brought up the "American" comment. It had nothing to do with our discussion about "Crazy Tonight" and the new album.

Okay but it worked really well for my point. Guess you didn't pick up on that whole "one but not the same" point I was trying to make.

2) Please show me where I have insulted anyone??
tongue02.gif
Didn't happen. If your on this site bashing the band, you should turn in your "fan card".

Yeah, I'll go with that but I'll take it a step further and say people who are truly bashing the band likely aren't fans to begin with and don't have a "fan card" to turn in. Incidentially, making comments in as much as not liking the new album or a song or whatever, isn't bashing. It's called stating an opinion. Just for the record.

And about the insult? You said this...

"
I swear you people make yourselves feel better about your lives by putting others down
"

That reads like an insult to me. Perhaps I misunderstood your intention. So you meant that as a compliment then?

3) This site is about rejoicing in U2. It is about the fans. Its not about being critical. And yes, this discussion has gotten "Negative" about "Crazy Tonight". It is our right to defend the band!!

This is a fan site MESSAGE BOARD. It's for fans to express their opinions about their favorite band and discuss said opinion with other fans. That's it.

As Bono sings in Boots...."You just don't get it do you??"
tongue02.gif

No, if "getting it" is following your mentality, then your right; I don't and never will. I happen to believe people should be able to express any opinion they have about U2 or anything else for that matter. I don't believe that just because you are a fan means you can't express not liking something. So if "getting it" means otherwise, you right, I don't and I hope I never do.

• Subscriber

Don't see how the quoted Bono lyrics apply to anything I've said, but glad you're over it. It was never an issue to be worried about.

Gah... you got Red Zone tickets, huh? Lucky you. And for the Vegas show too? Cool.

I'm still waiting and counting down the days til Giants Stadium in Sept. Hoping on a swing through Philly in 2010, too.

• Subscriber

Don't see how the quoted Bono lyrics apply to anything I've said, but glad you're over it. It was never an issue to be worried about.

Gah... you got Red Zone tickets, huh? Lucky you. And for the Vegas show too? Cool.

I'm still waiting and counting down the days til Giants Stadium in Sept. Hoping on a swing through Philly in 2010, too.

synchro wrote:

Agreed. The album is pretty poor overall considering it took nearly 5 years to write.

Magnificent, No Line & Moment of Surrender are great songs, leaving nothing else on the album of note.

The hysterical critics' reaction on its release is vastly over-generous to a record that can't hold a candle to Achtung Baby, Joshua Tree or Pop.

Just like ALL their albums I give MOST songs on this album AT LEAST 4 out of 5 stars.

You're out of your mind or you haven't put in the time to get to know it.

ceallach67 wrote:

You're not here (ridiculously) telling everyone how much better the Bay City Rollers are than U2 again, are you?