Go Crazy the next single

interu2005

• Subscriber

sad eyes wrote:

ceallach67, I think you just need to be more "politically correct" here with regards to criticizing the band - and of approving of other's rights to speak negatively about the band - and be more sensitive - understanding that there are VERY few "ho-hum" U2 fans - and most of us don't want to read the criticism or negativity - NOT ANY.

Poltically correct? Excuse me, but I would think being politcally correct would be the act of being fair and allowing difference of opinion without causing fights or insulting people for having a different opinion.

And most of us don't want to read something from someone defending their right to be negative.

I'm not defending anyone's right to be negative. I'm simply saying people should be allowed to express an opinion. Period.

So if you in ANY WAY support someone's right to say something like "this new album is awful" here then don't be surprised if you're lumped in with the nay-sayers themselves.

Again, I support people's right to express an opinion, respectfully. I expect to have the same courtesy and respect I offer others to be extended to me.

And please don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about - I know for certain that you remember the last time you and I had this very same debate.

I remember it full and well. It's you who still doesn't understand my position or what I was saying. For the sake of beating that poor dead horse, what I said in our debate was you can't argue with personal preference and opinion or expect people to feel as you do or bully people into feeling as you do. You can only state your opinion and be done with it.

Just consider what I am saying.

Perhaps you should take your own advice here.

Or don't.

Right, or don't. Either way, drop the issue already.

But, as you can see, I'm not the first or last person who is being rubbed the wrong way by the negativity and critiques.

Maybe you should just find the value in what you like and ignore what you don't agree with? Seems you would fair better that way.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

sad eyes wrote:

ceallach67, I think you just need to be more "politically correct" here with regards to criticizing the band - and of approving of other's rights to speak negatively about the band - and be more sensitive - understanding that there are VERY few "ho-hum" U2 fans - and most of us don't want to read the criticism or negativity - NOT ANY.

Poltically correct? Excuse me, but I would think being politcally correct would be the act of being fair and allowing difference of opinion without causing fights or insulting people for having a different opinion.

And most of us don't want to read something from someone defending their right to be negative.

I'm not defending anyone's right to be negative. I'm simply saying people should be allowed to express an opinion. Period.

So if you in ANY WAY support someone's right to say something like "this new album is awful" here then don't be surprised if you're lumped in with the nay-sayers themselves.

Again, I support people's right to express an opinion, respectfully. I expect to have the same courtesy and respect I offer others to be extended to me.

And please don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about - I know for certain that you remember the last time you and I had this very same debate.

I remember it full and well. It's you who still doesn't understand my position or what I was saying. For the sake of beating that poor dead horse, what I said in our debate was you can't argue with personal preference and opinion or expect people to feel as you do or bully people into feeling as you do. You can only state your opinion and be done with it.

Just consider what I am saying.

Perhaps you should take your own advice here.

Or don't.

Right, or don't. Either way, drop the issue already.

But, as you can see, I'm not the first or last person who is being rubbed the wrong way by the negativity and critiques.

Maybe you should just find the value in what you like and ignore what you don't agree with? Seems you would fair better that way.

ceallach67 wrote:

sad eyes wrote:

ceallach67 wrote:

What the hell are you talking about?

What I'm TALKING about is how you are always one of the few people here defending somebody's right to crap on the band.

Does somebody have the right to come here and say this U2 song sucks or that U2 song sucks?

Yeah.

Does it make them look ridiculous when 95% of U2 fans adore 95% of their music and at least appreciate the rest?

ABSOLUTELY.

You can try to defend that but you are going to upset more U2 fans here than you are going to win over with your way of thinking.

...What the hell are you talking about? Defending people's right to crap on the band? THAT'S what you got out what I was saying? Wow. Really? That's what you get out of me simply saying everyone has an opinion and can express said opinion? Yeah... how irrational of me.

You really never did get what I was saying, did you? I suspect you never will.

Just to spell it out for you, I never supported bashing of the band nor did I ever support anyone who said U2 sucks. But obviously you missed that too. Here's a thought... the next time you try to come after me or try to call me out on something, make sure it's about something I actually DID say. Okay?
See Kelly, when you try and reason with people who have no REAL arguments besides the most elemental/juvenile one? They use arguments thataren't even pertinent to the situation and quote lyrics (like ONE) which actually makes them look hyprocritical. I mean "One?" Montes was usingit. But then said that people he didn't agree with needed to leave. Hahahaha. A lot of thought went into that one didn't it Kelly? Also that fact thathe said that in his SECOND post.

Brothers and Sisters...unless you disagree with me!

sad eyes wrote:

ceallach67 wrote:

What the hell are you talking about?

What I'm TALKING about is how you are always one of the few people here defending somebody's right to crap on the band.

Does somebody have the right to come here and say this U2 song sucks or that U2 song sucks?

Yeah.

Does it make them look ridiculous when 95% of U2 fans adore 95% of their music and at least appreciate the rest?

ABSOLUTELY.

You can try to defend that but you are going to upset more U2 fans here than you are going to win over with your way of thinking.

Yeah and Sad Eyes, you never answered the Bay City Rollers thing? Wait! It never happened! You're just making things up now!

meweavy wrote:

worse track on the album.shouldve release fez.

It's the most radio friendly songs that get the single release. To me, I think Fez is incredible, but I know this was going to be one of those songs thatalthough a great song, will get lost in the mix as Crazy Tonight, Boots and Magnificent get the radio play.

• Subscriber

Badlemons wrote:

meweavy wrote:

It's the most radio friendly songs that get the single release. To me, I think Fez is incredible, but I know this was going to be one of those songs that although a great song, will get lost in the mix as Crazy Tonight, Boots and Magnificent get the radio play.

Crazy is definitely radio friendly. I thought Stand Up Comedy would make a good radio choice, too. But then again, I thought Magnificient would do very wellon the radio and singles charts, so what do I know? tongue.gif Fez is one ofthe best tracks on the album, but it really isn't made for radio.

• Subscriber

Badlemons wrote:

meweavy wrote:

It's the most radio friendly songs that get the single release. To me, I think Fez is incredible, but I know this was going to be one of those songs that although a great song, will get lost in the mix as Crazy Tonight, Boots and Magnificent get the radio play.

Crazy is definitely radio friendly. I thought Stand Up Comedy would make a good radio choice, too. But then again, I thought Magnificient would do very wellon the radio and singles charts, so what do I know? tongue.gif Fez is one ofthe best tracks on the album, but it really isn't made for radio.