Go Crazy the next single

interu2005

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

How is it that others' opinions of U2 bother you so greatly? I mean, I know plently of people who don't like U2 at all but it doesn't make melove them any less. And I certainly don't have an issue with something as trivial as people not liking a song that I happen to love. For example, thereare plenty here who have posted about disliking Miracle Drug which happens to be a song that means a great deal to me personally. Sure as hell people'scontrary opinions didn't change or affect my feelings about that song.

So my question is, if you're really a U2 fan or as in the case where a particular song may mean something to you, why does what anyone else think to thecontrary matter?

• Subscriber

How is it that others' opinions of U2 bother you so greatly? I mean, I know plently of people who don't like U2 at all but it doesn't make melove them any less. And I certainly don't have an issue with something as trivial as people not liking a song that I happen to love. For example, thereare plenty here who have posted about disliking Miracle Drug which happens to be a song that means a great deal to me personally. Sure as hell people'scontrary opinions didn't change or affect my feelings about that song.

So my question is, if you're really a U2 fan or as in the case where a particular song may mean something to you, why does what anyone else think to thecontrary matter?

• Subscriber

• Subscriber

Wow....there is a U2 fan that doesnt like Miracle Drug?? Is that possible?? Best song on Bomb!

Man...you gotta have issues to not like that song tongue02.gif

For me its about what this site should be about....a celebration that is U2! Go blog at RollingStone.com or something if you want to be critical about theband. I dont believe this is the forum to be critical. Its sad for me that the only place I hear critisicm about U2 is on this site!! My friends and familyall have the album, and are amazed they make such cool music at 50! Something NO ONE has ever done!! You people are listening to the wrong radio format, asBoots and Magnificent were #1 or #2 on the play list on "Adult Rock" stations. At this point its silly to expect to hear them on Top 40 stations.They are still doing it at 50! They are the Miracle Drug!

If this makes me a sheep...then so be it....its the closest I ever get to heaven!

ceallach67 wrote:

How is it that others' opinions of U2 bother you so greatly? I mean, I know plently of people who don't like U2 at all but it doesn't make me love them any less. And I certainly don't have an issue with something as trivial as people not liking a song that I happen to love. For example, there are plently here who have posted about disliking Miracle Drug which happens to be a song that means a great deal to me personally. Sure as hell people's contrary opinions didn't change or affect my feelings about that song.

So my question is, if you're really a U2 fan or as in the case where a particular song may mean something to you, why does what anyone else think to the contrary matter?

Where would we be without opinions? I have a personal place for Miracle Drug too actually, it's nice to know there are more Miracle Druggies out there. Anyway, it bothers me when people are bothered by another person's opinion, like my opinion is less than theirs or something. Oh well, we'd be soboring if we all shared the same views.