Appalling: Censorship on this site

Update: I just found the thread moved to the Tours & Tickets section, although it was originally in the General Forum -- and I see no reason why itshouldn't have stayed in the General Forum.

Anyway, I'm outta here. When expressing an opinion leads to people swearing at you, it's no place I wanna be.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tinyonetree wrote:

Update:

I posted a thread entitled "Setlist Needs Work." Many members echoed my sentiments. That thread is no longer here.

"Setlist Needs Work" was not a Barcelona-only thread. It is a comment in general about the tour, and it echoed a sentiment that had been buried in the Barcelona discussion. It is a valid point for a separate discussion -- not one that members should have to ferret out of 36 pages of photos, comments, etc. on Barcelona.

The U2 board significantly edited my comment without informing me. I know this, because I saved a copy of the original on my computer. From what I can tell, the board administrator may have also removed the responses of various members, who had agreed with my sentiments.

I see no reason to participate in a forum where freedom of speech appears to be the same it was back in the USSR, to borrow from a Beatles song. Heaven forbid anyone should critique U2 on a separate thread, even if it is constructive criticism.

U2, and whoever runs this site, should be ashamed.

ok relax, just wait a few minutes, or possibly hours(worst case scenario) but you will be featured in the community section and everywhere else, if you chillthe fuck out

Tinyonetree wrote:

Anyway, I'm outta here. When expressing an opinion leads to people swearing at you, it's no place I wanna be.

so you're saying you see the violence inherent in the system? wink.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAaWvVFERVA tongue.gif

I'm new too, but welcome to the U2MB, I hope you can

forgive, forget, and stick around smile.gif

Tinyonetree, I totally agree with you. I came here a couple of days ago to talk about the Aung San Suu Kyi mask segment of the show, how I thought it was alittle ridiculous and not to mention a HUGE waste of paper! Well, after being insulted and mocked (ok, it's part of free speach too, you try to make lightof it and defend your arguments as best as you can) a whole page of the thread (6ish posts) got totally erased. Another forumer also made a criticism about U2in that thread and got downright insulted...

So apparently yes, you can't say anything on here unless it's "I LOVE BONO AND WANT TO HAVE HIS BABIES AND WILL JUMP IN THE LAKE IF HE ASKS METO!!" happy.gif

But if you want a fun place to chat, U2 related (praises AND criticisms) and anything else under the sun, come and join our fun and quaint forum. PM me and Iwill give you the address cause if I put it here, I may get censored laugh.gif