Appalling: Censorship on this site

Tinyonetree

• Subscriber

this is for Tina

You can come in here and speak your mind as long as it it in a respectful manner.

People jumped at you because it was your first ever post and it was a complaint. Considering some members have been here since 2001, you have to understandthat we get a lot of fake accounts that only want to cause trouble and only post complaints. Users that have been here a little longer and continuouslycontribute to the site have many a strong discussion, but since they have been here for a bit and other have gotten to know them, they are more open todissenting ideas.

As for the way you feel people treated you, under each persons avatar is the word INTERACT which opens a drop down menu. In that menu is the REPORT button withanother drop down menu as to the cause of the report. When people misbehave, the procedure is to stop posting and report them and then the moderators come inand check it out and deal with the situation.

Perhaps since you are new you did not know that thats the established protocol. Now you do.

So take it a small step at a time and you'll be able to integrate yourself into the community, best of luck

B.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Tinaburger wrote:

Tinyonetree, I totally agree with you. I came here a couple of days ago to talk about the Aung San Suu Kyi mask segment of the show, how I thought it was a little ridiculous and not to mention a HUGE waste of paper! Well, after being insulted and mocked (ok, it's part of free speach too, you try to make light of it and defend your arguments as best as you can) a whole page of the thread (6ish posts) got totally erased. Another forumer also made a criticism about U2 in that thread and got downright insulted...

So apparently yes, you can't say anything on here unless it's "I LOVE BONO AND WANT TO HAVE HIS BABIES AND WILL JUMP IN THE LAKE IF HE ASKS ME TO!!"

But if you want a fun place to chat, U2 related (praises AND criticisms) and anything else under the sun, come and join our fun and quaint forum. PM me and I will give you the address cause if I put it here, I may get censored

I can understand your frustration, but don't paint everyone with that brush. Don't get me wrong, there are posters here who feel as though it'ssome sort of sin to criticize Bono and U2, but that isn't the vibe of the board as a whole.

A couple different things could have happened with your thread: If fighting and personal insults over the matter got out hand it could have been deleted bythe mods or it could have been merged with other threads discussing the same issue. Did you ask a mod what happened to the thread before you jumped toconclusions? That would seem like a good place to start.

• Subscriber

Tinaburger wrote:

Tinyonetree, I totally agree with you. I came here a couple of days ago to talk about the Aung San Suu Kyi mask segment of the show, how I thought it was a little ridiculous and not to mention a HUGE waste of paper! Well, after being insulted and mocked (ok, it's part of free speach too, you try to make light of it and defend your arguments as best as you can) a whole page of the thread (6ish posts) got totally erased. Another forumer also made a criticism about U2 in that thread and got downright insulted...

So apparently yes, you can't say anything on here unless it's "I LOVE BONO AND WANT TO HAVE HIS BABIES AND WILL JUMP IN THE LAKE IF HE ASKS ME TO!!"

But if you want a fun place to chat, U2 related (praises AND criticisms) and anything else under the sun, come and join our fun and quaint forum. PM me and I will give you the address cause if I put it here, I may get censored

I can understand your frustration, but don't paint everyone with that brush. Don't get me wrong, there are posters here who feel as though it'ssome sort of sin to criticize Bono and U2, but that isn't the vibe of the board as a whole.

A couple different things could have happened with your thread: If fighting and personal insults over the matter got out hand it could have been deleted bythe mods or it could have been merged with other threads discussing the same issue. Did you ask a mod what happened to the thread before you jumped toconclusions? That would seem like a good place to start.

Ragoo: no, only one page is missing, the rest of the thread is there.

Baja girl:

Please tell me that you are joking!!! eek.gif

I appreciate you trying to "teach me the ropes", but any forum where you get bashed because you post something that is not an apraisal of U2, is asad one.

If I had posted an insulting first post, insulting to people here or to the band, I could understand, COULD (again, that would be the opposite of free speech)but critisizing a paper cut out mask is unrespectful, a complaint??? IT WAS AN OBSERVATION!! eyes.gif

It's then others who proceeded to mock and insult me, so I thought it was only normal to defend myself.

So basically what you're saying , if I understand right, there are certain "old timers" on here that call the shots and we have to make nice withthem if we want to be accepted??? eyes.gif W-O-W. My dear, I don't have toget on anyone's good side to be "accepted" by them in order to post "dissenting ideas", especially people that I am trying to have aconversation with on internet!!

If I were a fake account Bajagirl, I wouldn't have replied to the arguments that I did reply to. As for your interacting-report thing, I can fight my ownbattles, I don't need to go and tattle-tale to some moderator cause someone said something not nice to me laugh.gif. Furthermore, I sure as hell don't want to be in a place where there issuch a hierachy and that the "elders" need this much ass kissing before they can give someone politely the time of day!

So, won't be needing any "small steps" sweetie! I will go back to my fun, loose, where everyone is equal and free to express anything, good orbad, forum. Too many egos around here man!! pimp.gif

ps: if anyone want to join the U2 forum I am talking about, where even if you are top poster (ie ME, over 4,000 during 5 years) you don't treat people likecraps on the bottom of your shoes, pm me and I will be glad to let you know! wink.gif

• Community Manager

Tinaburger wrote:

Ragoo: no, only one page is missing, the rest of the thread is there.

Baja girl:

Please tell me that you are joking!!!
eek.gif

I appreciate you trying to "teach me the ropes", but any forum where you get bashed because you post something that is not an apraisal of U2, is a sad one.

If I had posted an insulting first post, insulting to people here or to the band, I could understand, COULD (again, that would be the opposite of free speech) but critisizing a paper cut out mask is unrespectful, a complaint??? IT WAS AN OBSERVATION!!
eyes.gif

It's then others who proceeded to mock and insult me, so I thought it was only normal to defend myself.

So basically what you're saying , if I understand right, there are certain "old timers" on here that call the shots and we have to make nice with them if we want to be accepted???
eyes.gif
W-O-W. My dear, I don't have to get on anyone's good side to be "accepted" by them in order to post "dissenting ideas", especially people that I am trying to have a conversation with on internet!!

If I were a fake account Bajagirl, I wouldn't have replied to the arguments that I did reply to. As for your interacting-report thing, I can fight my own battles, I don't need to go and tattle-tale to some moderator cause someone said something not nice to me
laugh.gif
. Furthermore, I sure as hell don't want to be in a place where there is such a hierachy and that the "elders" need this much ass kissing before they can give someone politely the time of day!

So, won't be needing any "small steps" sweetie! I will go back to my fun, loose, where everyone is equal and free to express anything, good or bad, forum. Too many egos around here man!!
pimp.gif

ps: if anyone want to join the U2 forum I am talking about, where even if you are top poster (ie ME, over 4,000 during 5 years) you don't treat people like craps on the bottom of your shoes, pm me and I will be glad to let you know!
wink.gif

oh my...... eek.gif

Hope you are strapped in Tina.......

• Subscriber

i think baja was just trying to explain to you why you were bashed so much in the other thread. just trying to give advice ya know. yeah you don't have tolisten to it and i don't think she was trying to say that you have to bow down to the elders at all. i think you are misreading because you're in fightmode and looking for an argument.

chill man.

• Subscriber

Jaysus.

�Mate if you read back through the thread, did anyone really insult you? Reaaally?� Or were people just winding you up/ having a laugh? Seems to me to be thelatter. Not knowing anyone on here who posted may have made it seem like insults, but c'mon lighten up. Don't people on your other forum where you arethe omnipotent alien queen have a laugh? Of course they do. �

In fact you we're being way more defensive and just as insulting. No big deal really. No one else seemed to get upset.

And when you play the "I'm taking my bat and ball and going home" card, surely you expect a rib or two. Well I would.

People insult me here on a regular basis. It's fine by me, most of these folk are actually pretty entertaining to have a spar with, and at the end of theday, I'm sure they care as much as me-� ie, not very. Heck, they often end up the people you have the best and most fun chats with.�� (hi guys!)

The page where you got yourself all upset and called someone a dickhead (lol, my wife calls me worse than that, so no offence taken by me) got edited. Prettystandard forum stuff, no?

Nothing to do with old timers/ seniority garbage, generally people on any forum, about any topic anywhere on the net will fire up at a whiny first post - evenif the topic is relevant. �

As as for small steps,

there is an inspiring lesson you can learn from the most important advocates for peace in our time.....

�in the words of the immortal Faith No More......

• Subscriber

theres some harsh f***ers about, i wouldn't take it personally. i actually think those masks are crap and definately are a waste of paper!!!!, im not keenon the mj tributes either. theres also a song... 'in a little while' in the setlist which is very poor. however im extremely inpressed with the firstnight clips. they lads look the business on stage...apart from the miss hap in one. i loved the first few songs from nloth.....they came across very well. ithought the lighting was fab and the way the lay out is for the ga crowed could not be better. looking forward for the london and cardiff shows....it gonna bea great summer people .........U2 ARE TOURING!!!!!