Appalling: Censorship on this site

Tinyonetree

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol bigwave roll.gif

although I haven't the slightest intention of covering up my pretty face with anything other than some expensive water and heat resistant make up for theconcert (probably tested on a lot of nice furry animals but I don't give a crap, really) and think the whole mask thing is utter rubbish, I foundTina's post annoying and disrespectful of everyone around trying to have a decent conversation. Unfortunatelly, she probably doesn't see anythingwrong in jumping onto a message board spewing negative crap in her very first comment.

Common decency when joining an ongoing conversation: you listen for a while, you pay a few compliments and voice your opinion carefuly if negative.

ONLY THEN people might listen to your criticism and give it more thought than any other random troll droppings.

AMirrorball.gif

• Subscriber

My responses in RED - Baja

Tinaburger wrote:

Ragoo: no, only one page is missing, the rest of the thread is there.

Baja girl:

Please tell me that you are joking!!!
eek.gif

No im not

I appreciate you trying to "teach me the ropes", but any forum where you get bashed because you post something that is not an apraisal of U2, is a sad one.

This forum has a history of trolls coming in and causing problems. Your first post was a classic example, your behavior to the replies you had another.

If I had posted an insulting first post, insulting to people here or to the band, I could understand, COULD (again, that would be the opposite of free speech) but critisizing a paper cut out mask is unrespectful, a complaint??? IT WAS AN OBSERVATION!!
eyes.gif

A negative one, and if you stick around for a bit you will see a pattern emerge. Hence the reception you got. And why some of the responses were removed as they violated the TOS

It's then others who proceeded to mock and insult me, so I thought it was only normal to defend myself.

It is, but not with insults or vulgarity, which you did (another typical response we get from newcomers that are here to cause trouble)
It earned you no point in the credibility department

So basically what you're saying , if I understand right, there are certain "old timers" on here that call the shots and we have to make nice with them if we want to be accepted???
eyes.gif
W-O-W. My dear, I don't have to get on anyone's good side to be "accepted" by them in order to post "dissenting ideas", especially people that I am trying to have a conversation with on internet!!

No, you misunderstood. I am saying that when people are new to the board and start off with negative comments and respond to replies with vulgarity they are not treated in a welcoming manner. Old timers here have seen this type of behavior several times over the years, and so they get defensive. Its like joining any other group (in real life or online). You don't go in and insult people (and im referring to your replies not your initial post) and expect a warm welcome.

If I were a fake account Bajagirl, I wouldn't have replied to the arguments that I did reply to. As for your interacting-report thing, I can fight my own battles, I don't need to go and tattle-tale to some moderator cause someone said something not nice to me
laugh.gif
. Furthermore, I sure as hell don't want to be in a place where there is such a hierachy and that the "elders" need this much ass kissing before they can give someone politely the time of day!

Again, you misunderstood my comment about the old timers. Also, in
THIS
forum, anyone that continues or propagates a flame war is as guilty as the instigator. The proper procedure is to contact the mods and report the problem. Those are the rules, if you don't want to play by them, I invite you to use the logout button.

So, won't be needing any "small steps" sweetie! I will go back to my fun, loose, where everyone is equal and free to express anything, good or bad, forum. Too many egos around here man!!
pimp.gif

Ok, best of luck

ps: if anyone want to join the U2 forum I am talking about, where even if you are top poster (ie ME, over 4,000 during 5 years) you don't treat people like craps on the bottom of your shoes, pm me and I will be glad to let you know!
wink.gif

Youn are free to post the address, only things that violate the TOS are removed from the forum. Like your vulgarity laced responses

Yayyyyy a thread where theres been trouble amd it didn't involve me.......

Am i losing my touch...........maybe.......

BUT......

Tina had a point about the masks i think it is ridiculous and on hearing the bootleg from Barca Bono asking everyone to put them on....erm no sorry not gonnahappen (oohhh flashback to the last time i asked mrs b for some fun)..........

BUT...

I also agree with Baja and the rest of the goons 1st post was a bit of a complaint but Tina don't let it get ya down it happens all the time (i've hadmy bum spanked a few times) so don't feel like you are the only person this has happened to this place CAN be great fun from time to time.

In the meantime some advice......chill the tours started and stay away from prksoda..........lol

mick james wrote:

Jaysus.

�Mate if you read back through the thread, did anyone really insult you? Reaaally?� Or were people just winding you up/ having a laugh? Seems to me to be the latter. Not knowing anyone on here who posted may have made it seem like insults, but c'mon lighten up. Don't people on your other forum where you are the omnipotent alien queen have a laugh? Of course they do. �

In fact you we're being way more defensive and just as insulting. No big deal really. No one else seemed to get upset.

And when you play the "I'm taking my bat and ball and going home" card, surely you expect a rib or two. Well I would.

People insult me here on a regular basis. It's fine by me, most of these folk are actually pretty entertaining to have a spar with, and at the end of the day, I'm sure they care as much as me-� ie, not very. Heck, they often end up the people you have the best and most fun chats with.�� (hi guys!)

The page where you got yourself all upset and called someone a dickhead (lol, my wife calls me worse than that, so no offence taken by me) got edited. Pretty standard forum stuff, no?

Nothing to do with old timers/ seniority garbage, generally people on any forum, about any topic anywhere on the net will fire up at a whiny first post - even if the topic is relevant. �

As as for small steps,

there is an inspiring lesson you can learn from the most important advocates for peace in our time.....

�in the words of the immortal Faith No More......

Mick ya Knobjockey play nice with the new kids............tongue.gif

now that everybody has hugged each other laugh.gif

I'd like to echo what Utwothefly pointed out above:

there happens to be a tour going on that I think, I hope,

everyone can agree is -- at least on balance ohwell.gif --

MAGNIFICENT happy.gif

"it's summertime, and the livin' is easy" wink.gif

oh yeah there's that tour thing..........and I'm going to my very first u2 concert!!!!!!!!and I'm going with MA whom I met here in the Zoo andthis will be the first time for us to meet and go to see u2!!! woooohooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

AMirrorball.gif

• Subscriber

Tinaburger
wrote:

Baja girl:

I appreciate you trying to "teach me the ropes", but any forum where you get bashed because you post something that is not an apraisal of U2, is a sad one.

If I had posted an insulting first post, insulting to people here or to the band, I could understand, COULD (again, that would be the opposite of free speech) but critisizing a paper cut out mask is unrespectful, a complaint??? IT WAS AN OBSERVATION!!

It's then others who proceeded to mock and insult me, so I thought it was only normal to defend myself.

So basically what you're saying , if I understand right, there are certain "old timers" on here that call the shots and we have to make nice with them if we want to be accepted???
W-O-W. My dear, I don't have to get on anyone's good side to be "accepted" by them in order to post "dissenting ideas", especially people that I am trying to have a conversation with on internet!!

If I were a fake account Bajagirl, I wouldn't have replied to the arguments that I did reply to. As for your interacting-report thing, I can fight my own battles, I don't need to go and tattle-tale to some moderator cause someone said something not nice to me
. Furthermore, I sure as hell don't want to be in a place where there is such a hierachy and that the "elders" need this much ass kissing before they can give someone politely the time of day!

So, won't be needing any "small steps" sweetie! I will go back to my fun, loose, where everyone is equal and free to express anything, good or bad, forum. Too many egos around here man!!

ps: if anyone want to join the U2 forum I am talking about, where even if you are top poster (ie ME, over 4,000 during 5 years) you don't treat people like craps on the bottom of your shoes, pm me and I will be glad to let you know!

Wow. Condescending much?

How could you have possibly misunderstood Baja's post and intention of said post as much as you did? You're surely did some serious reading into whatshe said instead of actually reading what she said.

Nowhere did she say it was okay to bash anyone for anything. She said you can speak your mind and say anything you'd like just so long as it's done ina respectful manner. That applies to everyone; old and new alike. Where are you getting she said anything about "old timers" calling the shots? Did we read the same post?

And, nowhere did Baja accuse you of being a fake account_74615. She was giving an example of some of the problems that have happened in the past where there werefake accounts made where posts were made soley to start trouble. I believe the correct internet terminology for those folks would be "trolls".

You are painting people with a broad stroke of the brush here with your accusations. I, for one, do not act as though U2 are infalliable in any way though,yes, I have witnessed that sort of mentality. It's ridiculous and on that we agree. You'll also find that there are quite a few of us here who feelthat way. Hell, you should have been here when those of us who posted about how we didn't like NLOTH all that much had to deal with some of the rabidreactions of others. U2 criticisms are quite okay if you don't like something.

Post away with your criticisms and you'll likely find that there are many of us out here who understand. However, it is all in the way you post things. You give attitude you get attitude back. How would you react if I came to your site acting like an ass? I'm sure I'd get the same treatment back, yes? And I would deserve it. Just to say, I'm not accusing you of acting that way, just citing an example. I don't even know the thread youposted. But I do know that if fighting and name calling ensued than that would likely be why some of it was deleted. Understandably so. How would you handlea situation at your own board where posters were fighting and insulting each other? Would you not step in and ask them to discuss things respectfully and keepthe matter about the issue and not resort to personal attacks?

Again to recap; We can discuss anything we'd like on any issue we like no matter what the position of opinion just so long as the discussion stays ontopic and doesn't become a personal insult fest.

Don't see where that isn't fair and I really don't see how Baja's post could have been as misunderstood as it as.

• Subscriber

Tinaburger
wrote:

Baja girl:

Wow. Condescending much?

How could you have possibly misunderstood Baja's post and intention of said post as much as you did? You're surely did some serious reading into whatshe said instead of actually reading what she said.

Nowhere did she say it was okay to bash anyone for anything. She said you can speak your mind and say anything you'd like just so long as it's done ina respectful manner. That applies to everyone; old and new alike. Where are you getting she said anything about "old timers" calling the shots? Did we read the same post?

And, nowhere did Baja accuse you of being a fake account_74615. She was giving an example of some of the problems that have happened in the past where there werefake accounts made where posts were made soley to start trouble. I believe the correct internet terminology for those folks would be "trolls".

You are painting people with a broad stroke of the brush here with your accusations. I, for one, do not act as though U2 are infalliable in any way though,yes, I have witnessed that sort of mentality. It's ridiculous and on that we agree. You'll also find that there are quite a few of us here who feelthat way. Hell, you should have been here when those of us who posted about how we didn't like NLOTH all that much had to deal with some of the rabidreactions of others. U2 criticisms are quite okay if you don't like something.

Post away with your criticisms and you'll likely find that there are many of us out here who understand. However, it is all in the way you post things. You give attitude you get attitude back. How would you react if I came to your site acting like an ass? I'm sure I'd get the same treatment back, yes? And I would deserve it. Just to say, I'm not accusing you of acting that way, just citing an example. I don't even know the thread youposted. But I do know that if fighting and name calling ensued than that would likely be why some of it was deleted. Understandably so. How would you handlea situation at your own board where posters were fighting and insulting each other? Would you not step in and ask them to discuss things respectfully and keepthe matter about the issue and not resort to personal attacks?

Again to recap; We can discuss anything we'd like on any issue we like no matter what the position of opinion just so long as the discussion stays ontopic and doesn't become a personal insult fest.

Don't see where that isn't fair and I really don't see how Baja's post could have been as misunderstood as it as.

• Subscriber

basher1 wrote:

Yayyyyy a thread where theres been trouble amd it didn't involve me.......

Am i losing my touch...........maybe.......

BUT......

Tina had a point about the masks i think it is ridiculous and on hearing the bootleg from Barca Bono asking everyone to put them on....erm no sorry not gonna happen (oohhh flashback to the last time i asked mrs b for some fun)..........

BUT...

I also agree with Baja and the rest of the goons 1st post was a bit of a complaint but Tina don't let it get ya down it happens all the time (i've had my bum spanked a few times) so don't feel like you are the only person this has happened to this place CAN be great fun from time to time.

In the meantime some advice......chill the tours started and stay away from prksoda..........lol

I wasn't anywhere near that thread, I swear. Hey... there was trouble and WE didn't cause it? Wow, maybe we're both losing our touch? :P

I'm on the fence about the masks. I understand the point and at first I thought it was a very timely idea because of the trials going on, but, I'mnot not sure I think it's a good idea anymore. After reading some of the points made by others, I saw a different side of it that I'd not consideredbefore. If people want to support Aung San Suu Kyi they can do so at one of the sites designed to support her cause. It would seem that would make more senseand have more of an effect than wearing a mask during a song. Either way and regardless of how I personally feel, what I dislike greatly, is people tellingothers what they should do, think or feel and then attacking rabidly if people don't conform to their way of thinking. I really hate that crap.