2nd Album For U2 This Year??

JkJoshuaTree

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this was discussed in one of the other threads, but yep you've heard correctly.

In a recent interview Bono mentioned that the band are releasing another album in November this year. That one will apparently be more reflective than NLOTH -but who knows what that could really mean - the records never seem to turn out to be what Bono hams them up to be prior to release.

Have heard that they got loads of new material that they were considering putting on NLOTH. One that comes to is Winter about soldiers in Afghanistan. Been

trying to hear this on few dodgy site to no avail.Wouldnt surprise me if they did bring another album this year

That's a goog point about Bono's pre-release predictions. I think he was creating the illusion at one point before the release of HTDAAB that Edge had

gone "metal" and hard. Uh - I'm not sure anything on HTDAAB even remotely sniffs that description...

Found this, but have absolutely no idea if it is credible:

U2's secret new album

By Dan Wootton, 01/03/2009

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/showbiz/xs/198086/U2-Celeb-XS.html

IT'S a Beautiful Day when I can dish out the biggest goss from inside the U2 camp - the boys have secretly recorded a BRAND NEW reggae/dub album.

Okay, so I hear yer groans all the way from Ireland. I agree, reggae + dub + alternative rock doesn't = soaring U2 ballads and anthems.

The supergroup recorded the album in secret during the sessions for cracking new disc, No Line On The Horizon, and they'll unleash it onto the world at the start of next year.

It's just like how BONO and THE EDGE released the experimental Zooropa album soon after Achtung Baby.

LifeFactory wrote:

Found this, but have absolutely no idea if it is credible:

U2's secret new album

By Dan Wootton, 01/03/2009

IT'S a Beautiful Day when I can dish out the biggest goss from inside the U2 camp - the boys have secretly recorded a BRAND NEW reggae/dub album.

Okay, so I hear yer groans all the way from Ireland. I agree, reggae + dub + alternative rock doesn't = soaring U2 ballads and anthems.

The supergroup recorded the album in secret during the sessions for cracking new disc, No Line On The Horizon, and they'll unleash it onto the world at the start of next year.

It's just like how BONO and THE EDGE released the experimental Zooropa album soon after Achtung Baby.

Yeah not sure how credible anything in News of the World is. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a proper hip-hop/ electronica album though. I think I'd like something very radical like that.

I dunno. After reading comments the other day that Bono is the only member of the band that is enthusiastic about going on tour this year, combined with U2releasing another album later this year, plus the Spiderman musical starting early next year; it's starting to seem to me like the band are building up fora massive grand finale before they announce their retirement sometime next year.