Problem - Audio on 'Linear' download

thatdreamer

Before my complaint, I'll give a compliment - Linear. A great film, Anton! image And U2, Winter is a fantastic song, definitely deserves to be a B-side (it could easily have gone on the album).

But... has anyone downloaded the mp4 version of "Linear" (or the individual videos for each song) from nolineonthehorizon.com? The audio in thedownloads is so loud that it's clipped and distorted, no matter how much you turn down the volume or what program you play it in. Has anyone else noticedthis? The audio on the streams seems to be okay. I've ordered the box set, and hopefully the audio on the DVD will be okay, but this really is a faultthat should be fixed.

Yes, I downloaded it last night, it is reduced sound quality unfortunately. I would have prefered a reduced image than sound, even they should have realised

that. Winter was pretty good, although I only listened to most of it before I went to bed, it would make a great b-side though.

I'm not sure if it so much the audio 'quality' (as in bit rate) that's the problem - it sounds as if they put up the volume in these files somuch that the sound waves are clipped, which is why it sounds crap. Pretty poor mistake for a film which is about the music, so I hope they fix it.

I'm not 100% sure if this is what the problem is, but it sure sounds like it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clipping_(audio)