Breathe Lyric

Duhon

Dont know if anyone has found this before, but I was reading George Eliot's Middlemarch and came across this line early in chapter 20: If we had the keenvision and feeling of all ordinary human life, it would be like hearing the grass grow and the squirrel's heart beat, and we should die of THAT ROAR WHICHLIES ON THE OTHER SIDE OF SILENCE.

Duhon wrote:

Dont know if anyone has found this before, but I was reading George Eliot's Middlemarch and came across this line early in chapter 20: If we had the keen vision and feeling of all ordinary human life, it would be like hearing the grass grow and the squirrel's heart beat, and we should die of THAT ROAR WHICH LIES ON THE OTHER SIDE OF SILENCE.

.....so what you have just found in Middlemarch is a real gem of a hidden lyric, Duhon. CONGRATS!

But read the whole sentence:

"If we had the keen vision and feeling of all ordinary human life, it would be like hearing the grass grow and the squirrel's heart beat, and weshould die of THAT ROAR WHICH LIES ON THE OTHER SIDE OF SILENCE."

It's a thought that would have Bono pondering....thank you.wink.gif

Duhon wrote:

Dont know if anyone has found this before, but I was reading George Eliot's Middlemarch and came across this line early in chapter 20: If we had the keen vision and feeling of all ordinary human life, it would be like hearing the grass grow and the squirrel's heart beat, and we should die of THAT ROAR WHICH LIES ON THE OTHER SIDE OF SILENCE.

.....so what you have just found in Middlemarch is a real gem of a hidden lyric, Duhon. CONGRATS!

"If we had the keen vision and feeling of all ordinary human life, it would be like hearing the grass grow and the squirrel's heart beat, and weshould die of THAT ROAR WHICH LIES ON THE OTHER SIDE OF SILENCE."

Duhon wrote:

Duhon wrote:

Duhon wrote:

Duhon wrote: