My first U2 gig - Sheffield 20/08/09

I am SO excited - always wanted to go. Can't wait!!!

Doesn't look like my fave "Running to Stand Still" is on set list, you never know, fingers crossed xx

Bono, Edge Larry Adam are you reading this maybe ?

Sure it'll be great whateverroll.gif

• Community Manager

JanetW123 wrote:

Doesn't look like my fave "Running to Stand Still" is on set list, you never know, fingers crossed xx

Sure it'll be great whatever
roll.gif

You will be in good company as the boys head North to Steeltown next month Janet, I think its going to be extraordinary, that stage in such asmall venue, looking forward to it very much myself.

• Subscriber

yeah i'm looking forward to sheffield show too, as it's the closest one to where i live. it's been a while since U2 played sheffield last time waszoo-tv in 1992 (i think). roundhay park leeds used to be the venue for them round here, but past two tours have been manchester - so looking forward to a newvenue in the uk tour itinery :)

yeah...saw the boys in roundhay park in 1997..(popmart!).....live in Sunderland, but goin to Dublin on the 24th...then to Sheffield on the 20th Aug......1 showjust isnt enough for me, would have gone to wembley too, but im on holiday til the 19th of Aug!....TURN IT UP....CAPTAIN!

• Subscriber

JanetW123 wrote:

Sure it'll be great whatever
roll.gif

Prepare to become addicted! I'm still as excited as I was before I saw my first one, it never changes!

• 2 weeks later...

.ally33 wrote:

Is Don Valley stadium the smallest outside venue on the tour?

Looks like it as I thought it was Vegas, yet at 25K without GA you might get it here....Vegas is 38k-41k without GA's....

However, Don Valley has a track around it, so Vegas Sam Boyd might be the smallest in terms of the fans being on top of the actual stadium....

Either way these two shows are the club shows in regards to the mega stadiums of the Rose Bowl, Giants Stadium, Paris, Milan, and London.....

I am looking forward to both the big and small....

****Edit****Just checked, Don Valley holds 50k for concerts according to Wikipedia....Vegas will be under 50k....

A close second for Don Valley.....

• Subscriber

toddv wrote:

.ally33 wrote:

Is Don Valley stadium the smallest outside venue on the tour?

Looks like it as I thought it was Vegas, yet at 25K without GA you might get it here....Vegas is 38k-41k without GA's....

However, Don Valley has a track around it, so Vegas Sam Boyd might be the smallest in terms of the fans being on top of the actual stadium....

Either way these two shows are the club shows in regards to the mega stadiums of the Rose Bowl, Giants Stadium, Paris, Milan, and London.....

I am looking forward to both the big and small....

****Edit****Just checked, Don Valley holds 50k for concerts according to Wikipedia....Vegas will be under 50k....

A close second for Don Valley.....

I was hoping that Don Valley was the smallest since i am in the £30 cheap seat at the back! I hope that video screen is as big as it looks... :)