Chris Martin

adols

• Subscriber

Dear All, I got really surpised when I read the interview on Radio1 where the interviewer asked for Chris Martin and Bono answered literaly: "I mean,

he's a wanker" & " And he's a disfunctional character and a cretin." I'm a huge fan of U2 and I've always admired Bono,

however this lowpoint of him upsets me. I like Coldplay as well (I think every fan of U2 likes Coldplay) and Mr. Martin has always had nice words for U2. Has

always talked about how great U2 is, and said that was difficult for any band to get what U2 has achieved. I feel that I'm not the only fan who feels the

same as me that Bono made a huge mistake. Some people may sai that Bono stars being gelous of a band that has become that big, some others may believe that as

bono said later on the interview: "I was just joking entirely." were true comments. But I really tihnk that for a person that has his experience, he

cannot act that way. Nof fair for another great guy named Chris Martin. I'm disappointed and its curious the fact that just this week I was thinking of how

nice would be to have an entire disc of music created by this two bands, not just a simple collaboration of a song. I mean, that the two biggest bands in the

world would create an ENTIRE DISC working together... but now seems that will be impossible to see them performing and entire world tour. (I cannot imagine how

many people would want to see them together...) Looking forward to see U2 in Barcelona at my stadium Camp Nou... This is going to be a great year.. FC

Barcelona winning all championships and having the greatest band in history on the stadium... ;-) Adeu!! A Dols

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Maybe he was joking, but what I mean that I do not agree that this may be a smart move, too many publicity, he's too experienced with media to fall into

this level of being mean with a band that has always had excellent words... remember the 60 Mintues program of Coldpaly where Chris Martin was asked about

being the number 1 in the world... he answered that this was happening due to U2 was on holiday... nice chap!!!!

Ummmm.....no offense but he was obviously being COMPLETELY sarcastic.

He even said he was kidding and called the guy a genius. Friends sometimes give each other a hard time. There's absolutely nothing to this.

duckphan wrote:

Ummmm.....no offense but he was obviously being COMPLETELY sarcastic.

He even said he was kidding and called the guy a genius. Friends sometimes give each other a hard time. There's absolutely nothing to this.

in fact I think you pin down one code for a true friend, you can say "mean" things but we both know what we mean and also practise our skills inrethorics(sp?), but just as Bono we also joke about our own inadaquaces(sp? again)... and I believe the real art in irony and sarcasm was in fact invented onthe Brittish isles and Chris is from there. I get a bit nervous around people who only say nice wellplanned things in front of others, it's stale boringand totally predictable (and it is usually with these on the surface clean people you find the most shittalking ones behind other's backs) .....

• Subscriber

I know Bono was joking, but he is right. I wouldn't say I hate Coldplay, but I do disslike them. Chris is a talented guy, but he's right up his own.roll.gif

adols wrote:

Dear All, I got really surpised when I read the interview on Radio1 where the interviewer asked for Chris Martin and Bono answered literaly: "I mean, he's a wanker" & " And he's a disfunctional character and a cretin." I'm a huge fan of U2 and I've always admired Bono, however this lowpoint of him upsets me. I like Coldplay as well
(I think every fan of U2 likes Coldplay)
and Mr. Martin has always had nice words for U2. Has always talked about how great U2 is, and said that was difficult for any band to get what U2 has achieved. I feel that I'm not the only fan who feels the same as me that Bono made a huge mistake. Some people may sai that Bono stars being gelous of a band that has become that big, some others may believe that as bono said later on the interview: "I was just joking entirely." were true comments. But I really tihnk that for a person that has his experience, he cannot act that way. Nof fair for another great guy named Chris Martin. I'm disappointed and its curious the fact that just this week I was thinking of how nice would be to have an entire disc of music created by this two bands, not just a simple collaboration of a song. I mean, that the two biggest bands in the world would create an ENTIRE DISC working together... but now seems that will be impossible to see them performing and entire world tour. (I cannot imagine how many people would want to see them together...) Looking forward to see U2 in Barcelona at my stadium Camp Nou... This is going to be a great year.. FC Barcelona winning all championships and having the greatest band in history on the stadium... ;-) Adeu!! A Dols

Coldplay are so over-rated. I bought their latest album to see what all the hype was about and couldn't be bothered to listen to it more than once becauseit was crap imo. Please don't make assumptions about other U2 fan's taste in music just because you happen to like a band.