Where were you 24 years ago today?

illumination70

I'm asking because today is the 24th anniversary of "Live Aid" which was broadcast all over the world and I'm pleased to say U2 was one ofthe groups who participated in the unforgettable event.

As for me, I was your typical, American teenage(age14) who just sat down to watch some tv and was totally blown-away by Live Aid.

Enough about me, what were you doing 24 years ago?

U2 performs on Live Aid clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2hUS3abFNg

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

I got married 24 years ago today. I remember watching LiveAid and crazy Bono leave the stage and then off I went to get married.

Going to be at Amsterdam 1 and Dublin 1 next week....can't wait!

Working, then going out to put away a few drinks. tongue.gif

I do remember watching bits and pieces of Live Aid, I saw Queen perform!

But for some reason can't remember where I was when U2 took the stage.

It's been a long, long time since I've seen video.

RedHill wrote:

I got married 24 years ago today. I remember watching LiveAid and crazy Bono leave the stage and then off I went to get married.

Congratulations on getting married on such a fabulous day in music history!!!

• Subscriber

I was at a friend's house who was having a party and we had Live Aid on and playing the whole time.

At the same time I was recording it at home on my VCR. Sure wish I had that tape now. I had that horrible performance of "Stairway to Heaven"captured on video by Lep Zeppelin... well techincally, it was three parts of Led Zep with John Bohnam's son, Jason on drums. The performance was so bad theband requested it not be a part of the Live Aid DVD that was released in 2004.

But I do remember sitting mesmerized watching U2's performance. Especially Bad. The memory of watching that performance is etched in my memory forever.

• Subscriber

I was at a friend's house who was having a party and we had Live Aid on and playing the whole time.

At the same time I was recording it at home on my VCR. Sure wish I had that tape now. I had that horrible performance of "Stairway to Heaven"captured on video by Lep Zeppelin... well techincally, it was three parts of Led Zep with John Bohnam's son, Jason on drums. The performance was so bad theband requested it not be a part of the Live Aid DVD that was released in 2004.

But I do remember sitting mesmerized watching U2's performance. Especially Bad. The memory of watching that performance is etched in my memory forever.

• Subscriber

illumination70 wrote:

RedHill wrote:

Congratulations on getting married on such a fabulous day in music history!!!
Thank you! One more year until the big one.

A really weird coincidence....a few years back we ran into neighbors of ours in Philadelphia at the Hard Rock...neither of us knew the others were in town. And when we spotted them, they were sitting in the corner which was a shrine to Live Aid under the poster for U2. And he is a mega music fan also.

I'm 42 now, so 24 years ago, I was 18. I had recently graduated from Waldron HS in Arkansas, so I was in Covington, Louisiana about to start my studies forthe priesthood at St. Joseph Seminary College, and learning the proper way to eat crawfish. Flash forward to now, I'm happily married, and a much bigger(body weight included in this statement) U2 fan now than I was then.